Cigar lighter

Eamonndo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here and very much a novi e when it comes to cars. I have an Audi A5 2.0 diesel.
The problem is the cigar lighters are not charging. The red rim is lit. I've tried replacing fuses but to no avail.

Hopefully someone can help me

Thanks, Mondo1970

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

There are 4 cig. lighters.
Which one is Not working? All of them?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

All of them, the fuse keeps blowing

Check the cables and you using Same 20A fuse?
Maybe some cables are lose.

Check the cables and you using Same 20A fuse?
Maybe some cables are lose.

Yeah, I'm using the same fuse, what do you mean by cables?

Yeah, I'm using the same fuse, what do you mean by cables?

I mean, you should check all Plugs from Cig. lighter ... you should have 4 of them (2 front, 1 backside and one in your trunk right side)

I mean, you should check all Plugs from Cig. lighter ... you should have 4 of them (2 front, 1 backside and one in your trunk right side)
I've checked and all seem fine

There is a relay in the right hand boot cubby hole that takes the load for the cig lighters check that this is not the cause as mine where not working when I bought my car and this relay had failed.
The cubbyholes are well known to get water in them so it could be a bad connection/damaged wire or something else caused by the water ingress.

Reactions: Eamonndo
There is a relay in the right hand boot cubby hole that takes the load for the cig lighters check that this is not the cause as mine where not working when I bought my car and this relay had failed.
The cubbyholes are well known to get water in them so it could be a bad connection/damaged wire or something else caused by the water ingress.
Is the relay in the fuse box compartment?

Is the relay in the fuse box compartment?

Yes have a look at the photo and where the orange fuse is the socket that is empty next to it is the relay for the cigar lighters.

Attachments

• Power outlet relay in boot compartment.jpg
    Power outlet relay in boot compartment.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 74