Cigarette Lighter replacement

AudiMaz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had a quick search on the forum, but as of yet not found anything (or I'm going blind). My cigarette lighter has stopped working. Fuse is ok, my first check!!

So I'm guessing it needs to be replaced?! Getting a genuine one from Audi is apparently non-existent, but they do have the B6/B7 in stock. Will these fit in the B5?

Thanks in advance.

I'd imagine they would fit. Have you just given a quick visual check down the cigarette lighter itself?

I only ask because I thought my one was broken aswel, until I realized there was a 5c coin stuck flat down the bottom.

But yeah, I wouldn't say there would be much change in the newer cigarette lighters. Even a second hand one might be better

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiMaz
Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, full visual check, to the point I had a friend have a look to double-check; in fact, it was him that said it wasn't working.

Had a look at part numbers between the B5 and B6/B7 and its only the first 3 characters (which denote to the model) that are different from what I can see.

Probably the main reason for asking and double-checking is that I was told that some are 19mm and others are 20mm. I don't know if this is the case or not?

Just to add... it is strange that it has stopped working as I have hardly ever used it in the 14 years of ownership!