CITY POWDERCOATERS - BEWARE!

SAiLO

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I went to Birmingham 3 weeks ago to Citypowdercoaters to get my five alloys refurbished. Very nice guy who works for them, the one I spoke to on the phone before I went, said he'd only take 3-4 days to get them done I said ok, no problem. Next Friday I called and they said wheels are still not ready but they will be done for Monday.
Went to Birmingham early in the morning on Tuesday thinking wheels would be ready, but when I got there it turns out that the wheels are still not ready!!!!

Kept my cool and the guy I dealt with promised that the wheels would be delivered to my address during the week.. Got to the weekend - still no wheels. I called after the weekend, more promises that the rims would be delivered soon...

Today over 3 weeks later I still haven't got the wheels!!!

Don't know what to do but I am starting to believe they destroyed/stolen my wheels!

Last time I was on the phone to them it was on Friday, they said the rims are with the courier. I asked for a tracking number and the very same men I've been dealing with said he'll text it to me. Of course I never got the tracking number.

I am desperate and don't know what to do next.

Any advice?????

Here's their website: http://www.citypowdercoaters.co.uk/

Last edited:
threaten them with trading standards, and get in contact with trading standards anyway

threaten to go to the motoring press, Auto express like stories like this :)

What does it say when you enter the tracking number on the couriers website?

Sorry, I didn't word it properly.

What I meant was that I never received the tracking number despite my numerous requests.

its time to stop being nice and its time to start threatning them, then things will be done. while they keep fobbing you off with exsuses and while you keep accepting their excuses they will keep doing that, and doing it and doing it. No more Mr nice guy.

I would phone them again , get a tracking number, but most of all a courier they sent them with, then contact them direct, explain the situation to them, and find out, you do not need a tracking number, just their details, and the delivery address details. but you need to go there again really to see if they actually have them on site, ask for them back and will pick them up, lets assume they have not sent them. if after all this you need to call the police and report them stolen.

HAVE you paid for them to be refurbished yet, and if so how, if by credit card get them on the case they have a lot of power of merchants

I would phone them again , get a tracking number, but most of all a courier they sent them with, then contact them direct, explain the situation to them, and find out, you do not need a tracking number, just their details, and the delivery address details. but you need to go there again really to see if they actually have them on site, ask for them back and will pick them up, lets assume they have not sent them. if after all this you need to call the police and report them stolen.

HAVE you paid for them to be refurbished yet, and if so how, if by credit card get them on the case they have a lot of power of merchants

I haven't paid for the refurb yet, was meant to pay on collection.
When I went two weeks ago I couldn't see the wheels on the site and got told they were being processed.

Last edited:
I would visit the store and just ask for it to be resolved there and then and get to the bottom of it! Put your foot down mate!

its time to stop being nice and its time to start threatning them, then things will be done. while they keep fobbing you off with exsuses and while you keep accepting their excuses they will keep doing that, and doing it and doing it. No more Mr nice guy.

+1

Oh no, this isnt good as I was thinking of using them soon, however I have also heard ALOT of positive stuff about these guys as well...

As already mentioned, just get down there and ask for them back whether they have been done or not, if they persist on being couriered out, they should have a slip, name of company etc, so get moving with that and see where you get, if no joy then guess its going to be a case of calling the police in.

Let us know how you get on.

Out of interest, are you local and what wheels are they??

Update:

Threatening to contact Trading Standards and automotive press seems to have worked . I received my tracking number yesterday evening, which is nearly two weeks later than promised. Rims should be with me today. It would have been much easier for both sides if the wheels got sent when I got told, without lies that they were in transit....

@nilz18t

I am not local to Birmingham mate and wheels are only 17'' standard wheels. It doesn't change a way customer should be treated anyway.

Kept my cool and the guy I dealt with promised that the wheels would be delivered to my address during the week.. Got to the weekend - still no wheels. I called after the weekend, more promises that the rims would be delivered soon...

Last time I was on the phone to them it was on Friday, they said the rims are with the courier. I asked for a tracking number and the very same men I've been dealing with said he'll text it to me. Of course I never got the tracking number.

I haven't paid for the refurb yet, was meant to pay on collection.
When I went two weeks ago I couldn't see the wheels on the site and got told they were being processed.

Does this not make sense to anyone else?

If you were paying on collection, how would this be possible if the wheels were being delivered?

Does this not make sense to anyone else?

If you were paying on collection, how would this be possible if the wheels were being delivered?

I was told to pay on collection when I left the rims there.
When I came to collect it turned out the wheels were not ready yet so I got promised wheels would be delivered to me by one of the employees.

Ah makes more sense chap.

My post really sounds like I'm having a go! Promise that's not the case!

Nice one dude, glad you getting it all sorted, I wasnt having a pop about the wheels and location, I know that doesnt make a difference, I was just querying to see if they were any particular type of wheel thats all :)

Let us know when you have them back, hope they said the cost would be waivered?????

Also some pics would be good too ;)

I'm sure they did a quality job!

It's just the fact I got promised I'd have them two weeks ago and spent my time driving there for nothing and then millions of phone calls and promises did my head in!!

Ah good to hear it's getting sorted now fella. Fingers crossed they will be a great finish. Post pics when you get them. Tempted to take a few things there myself.

I used CPC this month and was thoroughly impressed. The quality of the finish is great, as is the service and prices. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Rims arrived today. Here are the pics, tell me what you think.

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

Sorry to p!ss on your picnic mate but they look pretty poor. Will probably look Ok once on but they the finish should be `as new`.
Too many defects for a job that took 3 weeks.

How much?

Have to agree with Paul.

I've had several sets of rims refurb'd and they've all come back looking new.

I know they look poor, just a bit tired with the whole thing.
Expected them to be looking MINTwhen they eventually get delivered, unfortunately it is not the case.

that is so annoying,they must be clowns.

I only use team dynamics for refurbs, never had a bad job yet and I have had at least 40-50 sets done over the past 2 years!

they don't look good, i'd take lots of pictures and try and get some money back. Its pointless letting them repaint them after it took 3 weeks to get this far ..... I need to get two sets done and lepsons have quoted £225 to get a set of 18's done, however i may use a local guy, he is more expensive but i trust him and its a whole lot easier, besides i wouldn't get a set of 18's in the boot of the TT !

got to say i've only herad good things about cpc...i've seen a couple of sets done by them and they were better than that bud...did you have them done on the 20 quid a wheel deal??

got to say i've only herad good things about cpc...i've seen a couple of sets done by them and they were better than that bud...did you have them done on the 20 quid a wheel deal??

I went there cause I've read good things about them too.
The price was another factor that made me drive there.

What a complete & utter fecking joke, to **** you about anyway, then to send them to you looking like that, are these jokers for real, seriously, cant blame that on couriers, maybe some wet/dry 1500 on the small defects but rest is just so below par, I'd be fuming right now, mate ring up if paid that is, ask for a full refund & tell them there's no way the courier did this etc etc, just not acceptable really isnt.

To me mate it seems its a rushed job they left & left then did last minute huh.

Whether the courier did it or not, they are still liable.
If the contract is `delivered` then they are responsible for putting them right and taking the matter up with the couriers.
In any event, you should have a mint pair of refurbed rims on you car right now, thats what you paid for in good faith.

Ask for a refund.
Then send a poo to them in the post.

Good luck
Paul

Seems to me they've tried to knock you mate - I'd go mental....

I had a guy do my A3 wheels at my home - They looked as new after and for £45 a rim!

.... I'd go mental.... I had a guy do my A3 wheels at my home - They looked as new after and for £45 a rim![/QUOTE said:
Probably not something SaiLo wants to read but I agree with you as this is a tried and tested business and mobile refurbs (not sure about powder coating them during a home visit) aren't uncommon.

Like you, I would've gone mental.

They don't look like they have been refurbed, just powder coated straight on? Rushed job it looks like.
Rushed job? They had the wheels for over 3 weeks!!!

I was gonna pay when collecting the wheels, but I haven't since they were not ready then. And now they got delivered in that state, not gonna pay. Mind you I've already spent over £60 in fuel.

I was gonna pay when collecting the wheels, but I haven't since they were not ready then. And now they got delivered in that state, not gonna pay. Mind you I've already spent over £60 in fuel.

I wouldn't think they expect paying mate BTH. At least you got it for free mate.

Rushed job being they have been sitting around for 3 weeks, and did the work a day prior to sending off...

You actually might be right.

They don't look like they have been refurbed, just powder coated straight on? Rushed job it looks like.

That's what I was thinking because if they'd been properly blasted then there'd be no surface imperfections left for the powdercoat to highlight - as perfectly illustrated in Sailo's pics, sadly. Yes/no???