Classified spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesS4cab

Reaction score
There seems to have been more spam crap classifieds recently and this morning there are 15 spam classifieds by 15 new users. All of which will need an admin to clear up.

Is it not about time ASN moved to a minimum post count concept for the classified section? Most other forums operate like this......

Just an idea. :0)

Last edited:
Reactions: PAULF
​Posts removed. Will look into this matter further. Thanks. :) x

Reactions: JamesS4cab
Thanks Sandra - just trying to make less work for you guys!

Reactions: Sandra
the classifieds is ****, the search as you type doesnt work, why cant we have the old style back?

im on an imac if thats the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PAULF
x2 - minimum should be at least 10 to stop those just joining to advertise!!

I think we should have a section for classifieds rather than this antiquated system which is crap,I see codes on the interface and have given up on the search function.

Last edited:
Also I've just tried putting a set of discs on the classifieds and its near impossible to set a thumbnail on there on an ipad, so I would say it needs a bit of a re vamp

As I have mentioned numerous times, the classifieds listings should also have a defacto requirement of info added, photos of actual items for sale, rough location, contact numbers, etc etc, but most cant be ***** to even add the bear necessities which is ridiculous, Edition wont allow listings without a minimum requirement of data about the item & photos of actual item with a date/username next to it, ASN needs to take this stance IMHO as its just a mess.

Overkill, edition only do that because they get so much scammers over there it's crazy. Anyway I would never buy from a brand new user unless it's cash in hand or small amount of money.

How is that overkill, to not even be bothered to list a photo, contact data, location, condition & actually show its a real item, kind of shows the lack of respect & laziness the seller has & they shouldn't have the right to use the system for free if they cant be ***** to make an effort, often more than not I see an item put up & it is useless for sale page.

Its a ****** good idea if it stops scammers, the more systems to protect the process, the better, albeit as long as it doesn't take hours, but as though........

If it means you have to spend 10 minutes listing an item, for free may I add, then so be it, you either want to sell or not & I find it rather funny how people will spend more time listing an item on ebay and pay the privilege than they would on here, again for free & yes ebay doesn't necessarily require a photo of actual item for sale & yes its a bigger audience potentially, but you get the point, but even they employ a basic level of requirements to put it up, this site has virtually none which is imho wrong.

Reactions: superkarl
The classifieds are a complete mess, I gave up on them a long time ago. Edition's system is MUCH better; as well as their minimum requirements for info and pics, they have properly laid out sections for cars, parts, wheels, wanteds etc.

Reactions: NHN
Adding new features is what messed it up in the first place. No more messing with it lol. The majority of my upgrades have come from the classified,MY11 rear lights, S3 sideskirts, S3 wingmirrors, RNSE Swap, lights, memory cards. No problem over here. Sold a few things to. If you're genuinely interested, All that info can be taken out with a quick PM, Text, Email, Call. Don't need to advertise to the world, "I HAVE AN RNSE RIGHT HERE IN BRISTOL, COME AND GET!" lol

I think you need to think a bit more about the difference between what was changed before & what I'm discussing.

The classifieds system was completely changed for a different type, afaik I stand to be corrected, but adding requirements to list the item, doesn't add anyother upgrades or back office components that would seriously impede the classifieds system, it would basically be a rights/requirement, if the classifieds plugin has that as a feature, bit like when logging into your bank online, certain fields have to be used or it wont go forward as such.

Also, nobody said you had to give your full address & postcode so it basically guarantees a theft, even a town nearby would be good enough, common sense shouldn't need suggesting in this instance, as the whole point is to make it safer & easier to sell/buy, not help the would be thieving gits out there.

Thing is allot of people generally only think about what's best for them, ASN has to think about the welfare of all the members & the site itself, also allows people to save on numerous pm's for photos etc, if they just took 5 minutes even to list all the data.

I know whether I'd prefer 20 pm's asking for photos, location etc or put it in the actual sale listing, there's only so many times you can say, located around xxxx & here's a pic of item, before you get peed of replying & no sale, if you get the analogy.

Anyway, we all have of views on how the system could be made better, that's mine which tbh IMHO should be implemented with any classifieds system employed.

i dont understand whats taking so long for ASN to sort this out? we raised this issue back in march and nothing has been done?

Status
Not open for further replies.