cleaning "alcantara"?

Gill ZB

Reaction score
my TT has part leather and that suede type material - alcantara- what's the best way to look after it? Obviously leather cleaner for leather - but would I use upholstery cleaner or just brush the alcantara? And what exactly is it made from? Not that the interior is dirty - it's immaculate but I just want to keep it that way - thanks for any advice :relaxed:

Yeah - was just being lazy lol! I'll goggle it:grin:

Reactions: Gazwould
@Gill ZB - I also have 1/2 leather/alcantara interior trim on my S4
I have a tin Sonax Xtreme Upholstery & Alacantra Cleaner on standby, if the 'worst' was to happen
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...or-cleaning/car-detailer/?549992020&0&cc5_761
£6.79 delivered from above using the DISCOUNT15 code
Euro car parts - one of my colleagues said they were cheap - thanks - I'm lucky - the worst that can happen in my TT is a water or coffee spillage - no kids, pets or passengers lol so only myself to blame!!! Very impressed with interior wipes from £1 shop - buy 2 get one free!!! What I do need is something to get rid of scrapes to plastic interior - I used to go through bottles of back to black in the 80s lol but I'm hoping there may be something new to restore plastic trim both interior and exterior ....but thanks for the advice - much appreciated :relaxed::grimacing::blackrs4:

What I do need is something to get rid of scrapes to plastic interior - I used to go through bottles of back to black in the 80s lol but I'm hoping there may be something new to restore plastic trim both interior and exterior ....but thanks for the advice - much appreciated :relaxed::grimacing::blackrs4:
@Gill ZB - Back to black is a no no IMO. Way to much silicone in that stuff & the shiney dash? Ugh!
Don't know if this will get rid of the scratched, but it may be worth a try
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bhs-sonax-xtreme-matt-finish-cockpit-cleaner-review.260858/

You can get it from EuroCar Parts while your there too ;) :D
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...or-cleaning/car-detailer/?549992150&0&cc5_761

Reactions: Gill ZB
Thanks - thought back to black was a bit dated! Wow (as my now very own personal number plate says haha) o have such a lot to learn! Got an early knock from work today so shot down the A1 and just spent past 2 hours washing and trying that demon shine - it's really good! Also cleaned inside Windows - I HATE cleaning glass!!! Managed to spill some cleaner on my alcantara !! I'm having a blonde day (week...year...life -haha!) ...can't resist posting s pic ....!! I can't have a shiny dash as mine is sort of textured ...but thanks for advice :relaxed::blackrs4:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 182
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 155
Reactions: Bristle Hound
Tried some Carplan upholstery cleaner - great. - but there's a mark on drivers seat alcantata - almost like a watermark - that I can't shift - I'm sure I haven't spilt anything so must have been there when i bought him - I'm being really picky as no one else would notice it - but you kniow what it's like when you want something to be perfect - X have ideas? Possible watermark removal from Alcatraz ?...any advice welcome :relaxed::blackrs4:

I believe Clint Eastwood was decent at getting out of Alcatraz

Reactions: Gill ZB
Ok ok ....predictive text !!!:tearsofjoy: It's crazy and random lol and I should have proof read before posting - no excuse being an English tutor !!! But I doubt even clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry could shift this watermark lol!! It's probably only visible to me now I know it's there but nonetheless annoying