cleaning my leather recaros

dusty

Reaction score
hi everyone, i bought an s3 a few weeks ago with black leather recaros, ive noticed they are quite grubby between the bolsters and the seat bases, i was just after a bit of advice on cleaning them, ive done a search and most of the products that it came up with need to be ordered online, i was hoping to have a go at them tomorrow with something from halfords, what products are best to get for this job, thanks

yeah i read the thread, maybe i should get some gliptone, and just give the seats a wipe with a damp cloth between the bolsters and bases for now, your seats look 100% better

Thanks. When using the cleaner and nailbrush there is no need scrub at the leather just small circular motion with a little pressure, then wide the are down with a clean cotton cloth/towel.

Bit late but heres a product i swear by!!

Zymol Leather Cleaner...comes in a small spray bottle and its seriously good! I used gliptone which is highly recommended but the ease of use with the zymol was alot better. (Zymol can be bought in halfords)

Spray, agitate with a nail brush and wipe with a dry towel. There are many rumours of applying conditioners to leathers but what i suggest is a weekly wipe down with leather wipes and a good thorough occasional clean.

I like to keep my leathers a factory matte finish and the above products i mentioned really do help restore the leather slightly and bring that matt finish back

i ended up getting some autoglym leather cleaner and some armourall wipes, i spent a couple of hours cleaning them up managed to get between the bolster and base with a toothbrush to get rid of all the crap they were filthy, and then went over them with the wipes they look much better

Gliptone.

Used to cleaner and conditioner on mine about 3 weeks ago... Done a great job of softening the leather and it smells sooooo goood!

Definitely brings back that leather smell... its been three weeks and still smells immense! Hardly used anything out of the bottle as well.

Recommended product!

Gliptone ftw every time when it comes to leather

Just used some Zymol on mine for the 1st time this evening. Really good stuff, easy to use and brought the matt finish back, even on the driver's seat which was becoming quite shiny. Highly recommended.