Cleaning my Spiders

Mr_Freeze

Reaction score
Ita Saturday afternoon and the sun's shinning, so i thought its time to give the Spiders a little TLC.

Such engineering as this should never be allowed to deteriorate away.

First, a little application of Autosol:-

IMG 1266IMG 1268

Then a little elbow grease:-

IMG 1274IMG 1275

Beauty such as this should never be hidden. And as for painting them, well thats just a crime. (you know who you are)
:yes:

Reactions: JonnyG, 45bvtc and Ghost
4f12d8bce022df383897e68a3cdaf190_zpsf1ea62b6.jpg

Reactions: losirob, JonnyG and Mr_Freeze
Hi Kelza,
Didn't know that you had done this!
Can't say I prefer it to mine as in my original comment, however i have considered painting all the rough finish inner edges and leaving the outer polished edges as is. Now that might look cool.

Ps what paint did you use, is it POR 15?

Reactions: Av4nt and Kelza
Hi Kelza,
Can't say I prefer it to mine as in my original comment, however i have considered painting all the rough finish inner edges and leaving the outer polished edges as is. Now that might look cool.

Neil he must of painted his car to match the Red painted spiders {his car is White}:uhm:, and yes I know who I am Lol.

Reactions: Mr_Freeze and Kelza
Hi Kelza,

Not sure tbh I got this off the net a while ago mate :)

Reactions: Mr_Freeze
That's good work Kelza: must be powder-coated, well done...

And your's Neil, a lot of time and effort but well worth it, good job

Reactions: Mr_Freeze
That's good work Kelza: must be powder-coated, well done...

And your's Neil, a lot of time and effort but well worth it, good job

Thanks John,
So what do you think, would it be possible to paint the inner rough edges whilst keeping the outer polished surface untouched, with the famous POR 15?
I know it would be hard work, but would the paint edge well?

Thanks John,
So what do you think, would it be possible to paint the inner rough edges whilst keeping the outer polished surface untouched, with the famous POR 15?
I know it would be hard work, but would the paint edge well?

YES Neil, that will most certainly work and allow you to continue polishing the machined face of the spider. And I will be doing exactly the same later in the year.

While the 'clear' POR-15 remains 'fast' to those rough-edges/areas, it is now lifting off the polished machined face and that is no surprise, as I didn't attempt to 'etch' the machined surface before applying a light coat of 'clear' POR-15.

God that looks good !!

Kinda wish I hadn't painted mine in POR-15 silver now, should've just polished 'em.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Mr_Freeze
God that looks good !!

Kinda wish I hadn't painted mine in POR-15 silver now, should've just polished 'em.

If you didn't etch Sean then it will peel/lift off, however, if you did etch then my advice would be to chose a suitable summer afternoon; pick a quiet spot shaded in warm sunshine, with the dog alongside, and polish away... :cool: