cleaning the chrome window trim

• Thread starter imported_kris_tdi
  • Start date
I

imported_kris_tdi

as above it looks foggy, tried a bit of polish on it but it didnt do anything, any suggestions?

What about solvol autosol available from Halfords? Or any chrome cleaner?

I wouldn't go for metal polish. Isn't the chrome plastic coated?

yeah i think it is coated plastic, why i was wary of using even paint polish on it.

Listen guys i swear by autoglym, I used to have a set off chrome wheels and used alloy wheel seal, its in a spray can and you can use it on your allos if you dont like it, it sprays a white mist which you just rub once to finish the job!!

Definetly put some polish on mate, if it does`nt get u the right results use some polish with a bit of cut in it. It would be very hard to damage the chrome trim using polish

Hi all

I am also experiencing the same problem with my roof rails...I have tried autosol and car polish but no joy

I was thinking about using wire wool....what do you reckon???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

dont know if its a plastic coating or a laquer finish, but wire wool is definately not the way to go.

if it is a laquer, you could try a tcut for metallic cars.

[ QUOTE ]
dont know if its a plastic coating or a laquer finish, but wire wool is definately not the way to go.

if it is a laquer, you could try a tcut for metallic cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mad
Thanks for the info...i will give it a go, i was also thinking of giving it a go with a polish mop, with the high speed it may clear the fogging....will post my results on here if succesful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif