Cleaning the Inside of the Windscreen

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Whats the best method to clean the inside of the front windscreen??

I have done it using a microfibre cloth and autoglym fast glass however it still leaves smears, so when cars are coming towards me, I sort of dazzles me if you know what I mean.

Any hints or tips??

Thanks
Nilz

I use Sonax Glass Cleaner. I don't use a MF as it leaves tiny little bits of fluff residue behind. Normal kitchen cloth leaves it streak free.

Waffle weave MF might be better suited. Also spray the cleaner on the towel, not directly onto the glass otherwise you will be chasing drips onto the dash board/trying to wipe off too much product.

OK cool, we have some nilglass at work so may try that with some kitchen towel and see if that works.

Lint free cloth, or better still, chamois then tissue. Easiest/simplest ways are always the best (well, hiring me to REMOVE the windscreen to give it a DEEP clean on a trestle would be the BEST way, obvs)

Reactions: Nilz
Try some stuff called 'Invisible Glass'
Don't use a cloth of any kind as glass isn't as smooth as you might think it is, under a microscope it resembles the Alps. So it snags small amounts of material which you can see when the sun shines on it.

Ace tip is to use old scrunched up news paper (yes really) and clean it at least twice to remove all the smearing.

Go on give it a try, much cheaper than micro fibre.

Reactions: mewstar
@steeve I know the old newspaper trick, I used to use it loads for years, but then the mf hype came so started using that, may go back to the old trusty newspaper in that case.