Cleaning the interior

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Evening everyone

What do you guys use to clean the dash, centre console mmi and dials of your a3/s3??

Have Never cleaned the dashboard no need to,just a dusting with a damp microfiber cloth,MMI controller and surrounding buttons =glass cleaner,door handles also, binnacle scratches just looking at it,l use a quality half inch paint brush daily on all vents switches etc

Have Never cleaned the dashboard no need to,just a dusting with a damp microfiber cloth,MMI controller and surrounding buttons =glass cleaner,door handles also, binnacle scratches just looking at it,l use a quality half inch paint brush daily on all vents switches etc

DAily? Wow..It makes me feel more normal doing it weekly.

I use a macguiers interior clean which i like amd keeps a nice shine. Do prefer the factory dull look but cant stand dirt

Reactions: Jassyo06
just got some Sonax xtreme cockpit cleaner, yet to find something for the leather

DAily? Wow..It makes me feel more normal doing it weekly.

I use a macguiers interior clean which i like amd keeps a nice shine. Do prefer the factory dull look but cant stand dirt

Every 2nd day lol leather and steering wheel every week lol

Reactions: MattSedg
You need a proper job sir!! Love the attention to detail however

No you really mean!!!!!! l need to get a life.... Lol

Never had any peeps sat in the back seat either and on only 3 occasions a front passenger lol
Its virtually like new inside

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, MattSedg, Tom.H and 1 other person

Never had any peeps sat in the back seat either and on only 3 occasions a front passenger lol

A man after my own heart...I try and limit and passenger involment. Dogs are a no no

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06
A man after my own heart...I try and limit and passenger involment. Dogs are a no no

Apart from the misses

Reactions: V6_Man, rob261, MattSedg and 1 other person
A car isn't run in until it stinks of dog

Reactions: Rideen and Phutters
Dislike button doesnt exist but if it did...

It's unavoidable. I only have a Sportback so the dog fits in. Boot liner and fold out bumper protector helps. I'd never let the dog on the seats though! On my last car I had to have the rear windscreen replaced because the dog managed to scratch it so badly with her teeth -knackered the rear demister.

I just use the Dyson every few weeks. If there are any streaks then I have a suede type cloth that works perfectly with a bit of breath ;-)

Reactions: Ormesome
I just use the Dyson every few weeks. If there are any streaks then I have a suede type cloth that works perfectly with a bit of breath ;-)

I'll second the Dyson. I have the Dyson V6 cordless, handheld "car and boat" which works well especially if you don't have convenient mains power.

Reactions: Ormesome and allanmb
I'll second the Dyson. I have the Dyson V6 cordless, handheld "car and boat" which works well especially if you don't have convenient mains power.

Same here. Great for the car. The brush attachement gets in all those parts that would drive my OCD mad like the steering wheel rings or little gaps in the MMI controls!! :yahoo:

Usually I go over it with a brush end of the hoover

For stains (eg her make up) - an all purpose cleaner and bristle brush and wipe down

For dash trim, nothing beats Poor Boys Natural Look Dressing - I haven't done it yet to my car but been meaning to lately.

haha - that was pretty much like me in my old car. But even with this one, wife & son, and that's it!!

I just wipe over the dash with a slightly wet microfiber. I have in the past used (not on this car yet) Sonus interior cleaner - which was ok. But I reverted to just using a wet microfiber, maybe just a bit of soapy water, then dry with another microfiber.

@Boydie - good point about the make-up! My missus leaves make-up finger prints behind! It's a real challenge to get off! Which all purpose cleaner do you use?

Not wanting to hijack the thread but...what are you guys using on the leather?

I've been around a while, and used a couple leather cleaners/conditioners in the past. Meguairs Gold Class many many years ago (S3 8L days), then on my S3 8P I switched to Gliptone. Both still left a slight sheen to the leather. Gliptone the least, but still not matte like the factory look.

So currently, my S3 8V is 6 months old, leather still has the matte factory finish, what product will keep it that way? (Don't say G-techniq - that was recently used on our Golf R and it left quite a sheen and made the seats slippy)

Cheers

AL

Dr Leather wipes are very popular, although I've not tried them yet myself.

Reactions: AL_B
haha - that was pretty much like me in my old car. But even with this one, wife & son, and that's it!!

I just wipe over the dash with a slightly wet microfiber. I have in the past used (not on this car yet) Sonus interior cleaner - which was ok. But I reverted to just using a wet microfiber, maybe just a bit of soapy water, then dry with another microfiber.

@Boydie - good point about the make-up! My missus leaves make-up finger prints behind! It's a real challenge to get off! Which all purpose cleaner do you use?

Not wanting to hijack the thread but...what are you guys using on the leather?

I've been around a while, and used a couple leather cleaners/conditioners in the past. Meguairs Gold Class many many years ago (S3 8L days), then on my S3 8P I switched to Gliptone. Both still left a slight sheen to the leather. Gliptone the least, but still not matte like the factory look.

So currently, my S3 8V is 6 months old, leather still has the matte factory finish, what product will keep it that way? (Don't say G-techniq - that was recently used on our Golf R and it left quite a sheen and made the seats slippy)

Cheers

AL
Try leather soap by Valet pro it's inexpensive and leaves a matt finish

Does anyone treat their leather with any specific products after cleaning?

I have gliptone products that I use on the leather - havent used it yet on my 8V seats but its what i used on my 8P S3

The poor boys natural look dressing can also be used on leather

Daily! my god, you'd die if you ever got in my car :)

Auto finesse interior spray with a Autoglym interior micro fiber towel for the head unit and dash etc. Then cotton buds to clean out the vents.

Leather I just use Autoglym leather cleaner and a mf towel