Climate Control Units

imz

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2 climate control units for the s3 8l

The 1 in the car is a single din but I have a double din with perfect buttons. Is there any way of removing just the buttons from the single din version and popping them in my single din version?

Thanks

You should be able to unscrew the front panel and swap them over as the unit behind is essentially the same... let me know if you need a home for the double din panel cover though... been looking for one for a while.. ;P

<tuffty/>

Hi Tuffty thanks for the response. Unfortunately the double din unit is going back in the car and that car will go to the next owner - sorry.

So do I have remove both climate control units from the cars to change the buttons? Sounds a big job.

You could of course buy the whole car for the panel. Lol.

Reactions: <tuffty/>
Hi Tuffty thanks for the response. Unfortunately the double din unit is going back in the car and that car will go to the next owner - sorry.

So do I have remove both climate control units from the cars to change the buttons? Sounds a big job.

Can't comment on that sadly as not done it as yet... I think its like 4 screws behind the unit and the face comes off but I will have to dig out my other unit to confirm...

<tuffty/>

Hi Tuffty I can feel the top 2 of the 4 screws at the back but I can't get the climate control unit out of the dash. Any ideas? Thanks.

Ok got the unit out at last. Now for the screws they're tiny and in all my collection of tools I have no star screwdriver or socket to fit in there.

Also because it's double din and single din I can't just swap the facias either can I? Will I have to actually swap the buttons around?

Thanks.

Buttons should be the same dude... should be a case of just swapping the facia

<tuffty/>

Hi Tuffty, apologies if I'm bring stupid but is a little more help possible please?

I have not got the fascia off the single din so the control unit is detached from the buttons section.

Now my issue is if I just take fascia off the double din it won't fit in the dash. So does the fascia itself come apart as well? If not how can I get the fascias to fit as one is single din and the other double din?

Thanks for your help Tuffty.