Clock and trip reset its self

Rikoz

Reaction score
Hello guys,i bought an a3 8l 1.6 fl like a year ago and from the 1st day i got it it does a weird thing that after a lot of search on web didnt find any solution but i saw its a common type of problem,i have to mention i have already check the fuses x2 times,the ground points even under the drivers side dash,changed battery and even removed an installed alarm in order to stop power leak,nothing worked,when i power uo the car even if i dont start it my clock and trip reset to 0,if i let the key on the ignition even if its off the clock keeps working,the prob appears when i remove the key from the ignition,3-4 mins after i remove the key it reset it self,spend a lot of time on this so i would really appreciate if anyone knows a thing on it,thank you in advance guys !

Hello guys,i bought an a3 8l 1.6 fl like a year ago and from the 1st day i got it it does a weird thing that after a lot of search on web didnt find any solution but i saw its a common type of problem,i have to mention i have already check the fuses x2 times,the ground points even under the drivers side dash,changed battery and even removed an installed alarm in order to stop power leak,nothing worked,when i power uo the car even if i dont start it my clock and trip reset to 0,if i let the key on the ignition even if its off the clock keeps working,the prob appears when i remove the key from the ignition,3-4 mins after i remove the key it reset it self,spend a lot of time on this so i would really appreciate if anyone knows a thing on it,thank you in advance guys !
Have you the availability to scan the car and check for any fault codes?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Have you the availability to scan the car and check for any fault codes?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Sorry forgot to mention not any fault codes,its like a curse strike it

Fit cheap used cluster, don't match immo, just test as is too see if the same thing happens, this will prove either way, it's either a power supply issue or cluster fault, those are the only 2 things that can zero dis out from my experience.

Reactions: MPH
Sorry forgot to mention not any fault codes,its like a curse strike it
What did you scan the car with?

Generic ODB readers like android torque pro etc only return generic 'Power Unit' EML based faults.

You need VCDS, ODBEleven, VAG CAN Pro etc to see manufacturer specific faults. And even to see Non-EML power-unit faults like Pending faults which only show an EML of they happen after 3 ignition starts in a row.