Close Call...

Click on the image and it'll play a video.

in the 1st 10 second 2 Deer walked out in the road leaving me nowhere to go. I somehow missed them and I'm still not sure how lol
It asks for a yahoo acount sign in when I click on it..

Sorry, I forget that not everyone has a Flickr account

Jeez that could have been very bad, one of those moments when it's just not your time to have an accident even though in the middle of it that seems an inevitability, a friend of mine had a similar experience but ended up hitting 2 deer, rolling the car, writing it off and 2 weeks in hospital with a broken leg, wrist, ribs and very many bruises.

Hope you changed your underwear and bought a lottery ticket afterwards.

Reactions: blackb9er, Cloud Guy and Happy Grumpz
I'd be surprised if it didn't, unless it was turned off for the snowy conditions interfering with it...

Had my pre sense kick in on saturday when a parking attendant decided to walk in front of my car... :racer:

Had my pre sense kick in on saturday when a parking attendant decided to walk in front of my car... :racer:

Did it actually stop the car, mine has dinged and pumped the brakes but I have never had the courage not to brake so was wondering :blackrs4:

Nope it didn't kick in as I actually started to brake as soon as I saw them, the road was so full of snow and the ABS just kicked in making it pretty hard to stop even with winter tyres.

This is another advert for winter tyres! Good on you for being responsible and making sure they are fitting for this kind of weather! They make a huge difference!

Reactions: Happy Grumpz and DrEskimo
Damn that was close!

I remember years ago a friend of mine (in a Austin Metro, so many years ago now...) was driving with me in the passenger seat when a massive adult and a much smaller (presumably infant) deer ran out in front. He just about had time to pick one to hit, and hit the baby. Did a ton of damage to the car. Killed the deer. Scared the crap out of our other mate who was asleep in the back :D

****, that was close. There would have been serious damage to the car too, what with the crumple zone.

Yikes!!! I had to change my pants after watching the video let alone being the driver. You (and the deer) did well to come away unharmed.

Great vid, a really good wake-up call on staying alert!

Years ago I finished a job at the Talisker distillery on Skye about midnight and drove home to Aberdeen. Passing Balmacara I came round a corner at about 65 to meet an adult stag standing stock still in the road staring at me while his womenfolk passed safely behind him. I'm glad I was wide awake, and doubly glad I wasn't in the snow like you were! Nice job.

Reactions: Happy Grumpz
Wow! Close call. Just the thought of being stranded out there whilst you wait for a tow truck gives me shivers. Luckily it wasn't your time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Happy Grumpz
Do you have the Audi Pre-Sense and if so did it react?
Also good quality ‘video’ - which dashcam is that?