Close to buying a s3

Mr Freeze

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am pretty close to buying a 19 plate s3 the price is £40688 but i have got the dealership down to £35000 .

Spec
Ara blue paint
Super sport seats
Tech pack
Audi design pack

And that is pretty much it .

what are your thoughts on the price for the spec and it being a brand new car . Also what APR are people paying on there s3s mine would be a 3 year pcp .

Please give me your thoughts and opinions

Cheers

I think that is a very good discount.....although no doubt somebody will achieve better. :D
The spec is also good as well, and the best colour. :)
Only downside is I believe you will just be fractionally over the threshold for the increased road tax for 5 years....so you might want to think about that.

I think that is a very good discount.....although no doubt somebody will achieve better. :D
The spec is also good as well, and the best colour. :)
Only downside is I believe you will just be fractionally over the threshold for the increased road tax for 5 years....so you might want to think about that.

I have already asked that question and they said it has a car care plan which they will take off the price so the road tax will stay at £140 after the first year .

I was going on your list price which would take it just over by about £100, but if it's something the dealer has added then that will not count.....so you should be good. :)
I believe dealer added accessories do not count.....it's the maufacturers list price minus first year road tax and first registration fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Best colour choice. I'd say super sport seats are a great feature and make a huge difference to the interior along with the design pack. Is it a black edition or not? Folding mirrors are important to me, but that's personal.

Discount seems very good, but as Ron said, I'm sure some people might get better.

The new S3 is a lot quieter than the old one based on what people on here have said, not sure how important that is for you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I was going on your list price which would take it just over by about £100, but if it's something the dealer has added then that will not count.....so you should be good. :)
I believe dealer added accessories do not count.....it's the maufacturers list price minus first year road tax and first registration fee.

£140 a year tax is ok for me but a higher tax bracket would of been a deal breaker for me .

Best colour choice. I'd say super sport seats are a great feature and make a huge difference to the interior along with the design pack. Is it a black edition or not? Folding mirrors are important to me, but that's personal.

Discount seems very good, but as Ron said, I'm sure some people might get better.

The new S3 is a lot quieter than the old one based on what people on here have said, not sure how important that is for you.

It as the standard aluminium pack which i prefer to be honest . Not sure if it has the folding mirrors but i know what you mean i have them now on my 15 plate a3 tdi and they are nice to have .

Mine will be a family car and my wife will drive it most days so i'am ok with it being quieter .

Last edited:
I agree it would be a deal breaker for the fact that it was such a small amount over.
In my opinion it would be a case of remove something to get it slightly under....or up the spec considerably to make it worthwhile.
Looking at your price are you sure it's not a Black Edition?
I'm assuming it's a Sportback?

Really? That surprises me.

I bought a brand new golf R32 back in 2006 and i think the tax was £400/440 and it is the only thing that i disliked about owning that car so since then i have always stayed away from higher tax bracket cars .

I agree it would be a deal breaker for the fact that it was such a small amount over.
In my opinion it would be a case of remove something to get it slightly under....or up the spec considerably to make it worthwhile.
Looking at your price are you sure it's not a Black Edition?
I'm assuming it's a Sportback?

No its not the black edition the car is in the showroom and ready to go . Yes it is a sportback . I would of picked keyless and reserving camera if i did the spec myself .

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I am pretty close to buying a 19 plate s3 the price is £40688 but i have got the dealership down to £35000 .

Spec
Ara blue paint
Super sport seats
Tech pack
Audi design pack

And that is pretty much it .

what are your thoughts on the price for the spec and it being a brand new car . Also what APR are people paying on there s3s mine would be a 3 year pcp .

Please give me your thoughts and opinions

Cheers
Just done a quote with the spec you listed, seems about right, Audi are showing the S3 pcp as 5.90% APR:

S3

Reactions: NevMan
If you go via drive the deal then they are offering new cars with that spec for £33,341 on 5.9% APR.

That's if you are prepared to wait, personally I would print off the DTD details and ask them to match and say you aren't worried about waiting (even if you are ;) )

Reactions: NevMan and S32B
If you go via drive the deal then they are offering new cars with that spec for £33,341 on 5.9% APR.

That's if you are prepared to wait, personally I would print off the DTD details and ask them to match and say you aren't worried about waiting (even if you are ;) )
lol I did the same with both the S3 and A5, the A5 quote was from wayyyy down South, I live up North...I just cut the dealership name/address off the quote and said it was from a local dealership...they matched it ;):)

I have a part ex tho so its not a straight forward buy or can you still part ex .

Thanks for this by the way :icon thumright:

I have a part ex tho so its not a straight forward buy or can you still part ex .

Thanks for this by the way :icon thumright:
Part ex wouldn't really matter but if you want to keep it separate give Tootle a try, think it was @S32B who mentioned them on here and actually just sold my S3 through it and got £1.5k more than part exchange.

Reactions: NevMan and S32B
Part ex wouldn't really matter but if you want to keep it separate give Tootle a try, think it was @S32B who mentioned them on here and actually just sold my S3 through it and got £1.5k more than part exchange.

Thanks i'll give them a try .

They offered me £400 less than audi it was wort a try tho

They offered me £400 less than audi it was wort a try tho
You have 7 days. You'll get loads of offers not just the one. Dealers bid for your car. It's not an instant thing.

You have 7 days. You'll get loads of offers not just the one. Dealers bid for your car. It's not an instant thing.

I have until sunday to close the deal on the s3 or one of the managers are having it for 6 months or so they say :suspicion:

I have until sunday to close the deal on the s3 or one of the managers are having it for 6 months or so they say :suspicion:
I'd argue that's a load of rubbish. I've literally just bought a car that was one of the employees cars, they just hop in to another car. If a deal is to be done they'll sell it.

Reactions: NevMan and Ron240

That's what I did when I bought my S3. But mine was a factory order.

To the OP. If the car is sat in the showroom, they should match DTD price, or come close enough to warrant not waiting for a factory order. If it's there, they have money tied up in it. But even if they only drop a little, it's still not a bad price and You'll be in it next week.

I'd argue that's a load of rubbish. I've literally just bought a car that was one of the employees cars, they just hop in to another car. If a deal is to be done they'll sell it.

I agree ... that is just pressure tactics to try & get you to commit.

I’d tell them to crack on then .... or come back with a better deal !

Reactions: NevMan, TYb and Adam14
That’s BS mate, a dealer wouldn’t turn down a deal to give the car to a manger. It’s not like the car industry is booming right now.

Reactions: NevMan, wab172uk, Adam14 and 1 other person
That’s BS mate, a dealer wouldn’t turn down a deal to give the car to a manger. It’s not like the car industry is booming right now.

The guy at audi just said there is somebody in group who wants the car for six months
but he is waiting to see if i buy it first .

Do you think £35k is a good deal for the car and spec ?

I agree ... that is just pressure tactics to try & get you to commit.

I’d tell them to crack on then .... or come back with a better deal !

I thought the same thing mate about the pressure tactics .

They wont move off £35k . My only other option is to find a used car maybe a 18 plate for around £30/31

The guy at audi just said there is somebody in group who wants the car for six months
but he is waiting to see if i buy it first .

Do you think £35k is a good deal for the car and spec ?

I’ve no idea on the deal mate, all I’d do is get comparable prices to satisfy myself.

The may be telling the truth re somebody wanting it but as a customer you’ll always get 1st dibs, so don’t be bullied into taking the deal.

I’ve no idea on the deal mate, all I’d do is get comparable prices to satisfy myself.

The may be telling the truth re somebody wanting it but as a customer you’ll always get 1st dibs, so don’t be bullied into taking the deal.

I put the spec in the audi config and it come to just over £40k so i don't think i'am getting a bad deal to be honest .

Reactions: wab172uk
I put the spec in the audi config and it come to just over £40k so i don't think i'am getting a bad deal to be honest .
As I've said and others said if you're interested they'll sell it. As I said earlier I bought one of the managers cars yesterday he drove to work in it and they still sold it to me, he just took another car home. If you place a holding deposit they'll secure it for you (or should).

Yeh as long as you are happy with deposit and payments that’s all that matters really. I got mine not long after the FL came out so paid on the steep side, for the spec that’s looks pretty good to me.

As I've said and others said if you're interested they'll sell it. As I said earlier I bought one of the managers cars yesterday he drove to work in it and they still sold it to me, he just took another car home. If you place a holding deposit they'll secure it for you (or should).

As above really and if you do take it insist it’s not to be driven by anyone else now.

Reactions: Adam14

I guess i just have to make the leap then now :thumbs up:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, TYb and Adam14
Yeh as long as you are happy with deposit and payments that’s all that matters really. I got mine not long after the FL came out so paid on the steep side, for the spec that’s looks pretty good to me.

Yeah i am happy with the payments to be honest there not that bad as i would be doing a part ex and 5k deposit

Reactions: TYb

With anything in life, if you buy something, someone will always get a better deal. You could go down the DTD route and wait another 6 months for the car (unless they have one in stock as well).

We can all advise on here to play hardball and don't accept anything less than they match DTD price. But at the end of the day, it's you who's buying the car. It's you paying the monthlies. If you are happy with the deal (it is a reasonably good discount if not the best) then you should just go for it. You can have the car on the road by next week. Happy you now have an S3.

It works out about 12.5% off yeah ?

It so ... I would say that is ok but personally I would expect more and at least 15% ... & especially for a pre-built car you have no control over the spec.

But as others have said if you are happy then it’s not a bad deal & the car is good to go so that may be a positive to you.

lol I'd say "OK, I've seen another one in another dealership I'll have that one then if your manager wants the one you have "....then see what they say :)

Mid March next week and they are getting close to the end of the 1st 1/4!!! They need to hit targets.

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Precisely that about fun quarter! These days the consumer has so much power when buying, the fear of losing a sale made my local dealer knock another £500, don't be afraid to ask for more discount or walk away! There's always a deal to be done.

Reactions: NevMan, JimmyMcGee, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
It works out about 12.5% off yeah ?

It so ... I would say that is ok but personally I would expect more and at least 15% ... & especially for a pre-built car you have no control over the spec.

But as others have said if you are happy then it’s not a bad deal & the car is good to go so that may be a positive to you.

Think the sales guy said it was 17% off ? i'am not sure tho to be honest