Facelift Clunk when braking

Jiten C

Reaction score
Hey guys hope you can help?

I’ll do my best to describe the situation, The clunk sound I am referring to occurs in the below example specially when changing from D to R and vice versa...

Gearbox in Drive
Come to a stop to reverse park into a bay
Gearbox into Reverse
Turn wheel
Accelerator pedal as required to get into bay
**CLUNK** when pressing brake pedal
Gearbox in Drive
Straighten wheel
Accelerate pedal to move forward
**CLUNK** when pressing brake pedal
Gearbox into Reverse
**CLUNK** when initially pressing brake pedal as I come to a stop In the bay.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Car is a 2018 FL S3. Haldex oil changed 800 miles ago, vehicle purchased 2 months ago, brake discs and pads have plenty of life in them. Feels like a brake component or a bush of some sort. No clunks or issues with gear changes or over bumps etc. Mag-ride calibrated recently too and issue was there prior to this.

TIA
Jit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it requires braking whilst travelling in one direction (forward or back) -> then move in the opposite direction -> brake again whilst moving?
If so I've had occur under 2 different scenarios. 1) Worn suspension bushes (more of a clonk). 2) New break pads which didnt fit quite right and were moving about in the caliper (more of a higher pitched clicky clonk).
The latter got worse and worse to the point that they were also rattling when going over very bad road surface. At this point I believe it also caused problems with the running of the car which i assume was the rattling noise firing off the knock sensor.

Reactions: Jiten C
Possibly loose or incorrectly tightened wheel nuts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jiten C