Clunking Noise When Changing Gears

JUX

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone else have a problem like this? Ive been meaning to get it into the dealers for the steering creak but have recently starting hear quite a loud noise when changing gears at low speed, never noticed before probably because i have the music blarring.

Anyone else have this problem? Also im getting a ticking noise, when parked up and running, mate said something with the timing belt but at 15000 MILES!!!!!!!:scared2:

Also im getting a ticking noise, when parked up and running

Apparently, the S3 has injectors that are rather like a diesel's common rail - the ticking noise is the injectors squirting fuel. I had mine remapped a couple of weeks ago and asked the guy who did it what it was. Don't know about the timing belt though, but I would seriously doubt it has to be done @ 15,000

Hi All,

Does anyone else have a problem like this? Ive been meaning to get it into the dealers for the steering creak but have recently starting hear quite a loud noise when changing gears at low speed, never noticed before probably because i have the music blarring.

Anyone else have this problem? Also im getting a ticking noise, when parked up and running, mate said something with the timing belt but at 15000 MILES!!!!!!!:scared2:

Try using the clutch !!!

Seriously though, 1st into 2nd is little clunky, all to do with the quattro me thinks, hence being advised to get out of 1st ASAP, otherwise smooth as silk. As for you ticking, perfectly normal , certainly not the belt.

Mark

Okay, but its not only in first gear, it happens from second to third also, tends to be just when i release the clutch, its like someting is about to fall off the noise it makes

Okay, but its not only in first gear, it happens from second to third also, tends to be just when i release the clutch, its like someting is about to fall off the noise it makes

Doesn't sound normal, get the dealer to check it out.

Mark

Im going to send it because the steering making noise aswell, so good luck to them!!!! Will have to be next week ive got buuuuusssssyyy weekend!!!!! lets just hoep it lasts lol!!!!
:sadlike:

Had a problem like that in my MKIV golf, turned out to me an engine mount.

my s3 makes the same noise when i change it at lower speeds. But it doesnt make noise when i change the gear softly.
I think ticking is normal. Its like diesel lol.
Waiting for your news.