Clunking noise

darren t

Reaction score
Hi there I have a bad clunking noise and creaking noise when backing and accelerating bottom arms are brand new along with ball joints and drop links any ideas can't find any obvious culprit rear shocks sprins and drop links at rear have all been replaced with original Audi parts???eve creeks when kids stand up in back of car? But mainly pull off and breaking

Have you checked the front ARB bushes? I had a big creak over compressions and bumps that sounded like it was from the rear, but was actually cured by changing the front ARB bushes.

My old ones looked fine, but were probably dry or worn smooth inside.

I'd say the same as Tooks, I recently had a knocking noise which after changing a few parts also turned out to be arb bushes, they looked ok till I took them off and the inside of the bushes had small splits in them, they were pretty simple to change on my a3,

I have a similar issue on mine. If I bounce up and down in the boot I get a lot of creaking from the rear suspension.

Well changed bushes today took me all day powersteering pipe bracket makes it a subframe drop job and still have creaking when pulling off and braking all bushes changed passenger side only anyone ?

There is another guy on here who posted a video with his car creeking from what I be leave was the brakes, might be worth having a look and see what his out come was, shame it wasn't the bushes,