Clunky Armrest

J4MMYz

Reaction score
I seen a thread not too long back of someone complaining about a loud 'ratchet' noise when opening the armrest - mine also did this so I thought it was normal... but everyone made out it isn't as theirs is silent - well it doesn't bother me much, but what does;

I've noticed that when my armrest is completely down, not resting on a raised height if I grab the area to lift the armrest up (technical stuff here folks) and just 'jiggle' it or lightly twitch it up and down, it's very loose and moves up and down with ease. If I put the armrest up and bring it down slowly, you can hear something retract.. which is probably normal - but is the loose armrest a problem? Can anyone go out to theirs, or next time they are in theirs to just twitch it up and down slightly (it's very hard to explain this without visual guidance) - or what also works is press down and let go of it at the very bottom end (nearest the MMI controls) does it knock around? Does it also make a loud ratchet noise when opening the armrest up?

If everyones is solid and doesn't make a noise i'll mention it next time it goes in... however i'm sure i'll just be told it's 'normal'...

Thanks in advance!

Mine doesn't make any noise nor does it move about as if loose in any way.
It's just nice and quiet and positive in movement.