Clutch & DMF(Flywheel) from EBAY.CO.UK?

DasAutos

Reaction score
Hi guys, My clutch is doing it's last kilometers. I'm looking for other options than the local auto store here in my town. Here the flywheel alone cost about 1000€ and clutch kit about 500€, LUK parts.

I found a UK store online http://www.carparts4less.co.uk.
Looks like it's less than half the cost compared to Sweden. About 550 gbp for both flywheel and clutch.

Has anyone bought from them? Anything I should be considering before ordering? When I compare the partNo it looks the same like the ones here in local stores.

Any answer would be of help!!!

CP4L has been recommended to me also for the clutch.
Part's numbers should be the same throughout.
What milage you've covered that you need a new clutch? What year is your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, my car is 2009 A6 2.0TFSI Manual.
It has about 140 000km on the clock.

I have no other issues than the clonking noise. The Clutch doesnt slip or anything. My friend who drives a E46 330 says that he has the same issues and that I should not worry about it too much, but I dont know, im not sure if I should change it or not....

My car is also optimized to 232bhp and 340nm since 2012/70 000km

I would avoid eBay personally. However Car Parts 4 Less are just a subsidiary of Euro Car Parts who are well known and trusted. Car Parts 4 Less are usually cheaper though, because it's online only. Euro Car Parts have branches where you can collect and return items in person.

Either order from Car Parts 4 Less or even try Euro Car Parts. Find a discount code for them online and they may even turn out to be cheaper than Car Parts 4 Less.

Reason I say to avoid eBay is if you have problems its can be more difficult to resolve things. You also don't know if you are getting real or fake parts on eBay. At least with Car Parts 4 Less & Euro Car Parts you know you are getting genuine LUK items, etc.

Reactions: DasAutos
Thanks for your reply! I am also a little bit sceptic against Ebay, especially when it comes to important parts like Clutch, Drivetrain etc.
I Usually order my parts from mister-auto.com, always been happy with the store. I will probably orde from CP4L or EuroCarParts..

On ebay is important to check the feedback of seller and how much % is positive, as well often can be just a on-line shop that also put their listings on ebay. carparts4less are ok, used them think twice, any problem with them, eurocarparts got good deals sometimes specially with vouchers, I got mine (sachs) from ebay seller, genuine, all ok (DMF + Clutch kit + Slave cylinder for 330£ or something around), but the problem was when I got faulty slave cylinder (after 2 months of driving) as needed to wait like a week because of postage (that why got a spare one for sale) etc.. So I'would recommend like take it from eurocarparts on-line and then if any problems go to shop and exchange (don't need to w8 a week).

Thanks for your reply! I am also a little bit sceptic against Ebay, especially when it comes to important parts like Clutch, Drivetrain etc.
I Usually order my parts from mister-auto.com, always been happy with the store. I will probably orde from CP4L or EuroCarParts..

Create an account with eurocarparts and sign up for the newsletter, last weekend I had an email for 55% off so it would be worthwhile waiting till an offer like that pops up again, GSFCarparts do the same thing and have good offers on as well.

CarParts4Less has a flash sale on just now from 9am this morning till 9pm tonight and the code is FLASH12 giving you 12 % off.