Clutch issue

Orange225

Reaction score
I recently bought a clutch and duel mass flywheel from darkside developments, had it fitted by my local trusted garage, now I'm having a problem as in the clutch feels like it's got a step in it, and the bite point keeps moving, so much so that sometimes it's still biting even with the clutch fully pressed, which has caused a couple of close calls tonight, the clutch has been in over 1000 miles and only did the step every now and then, (also sticks on the way up when the step occurs) and tonight it's decided to be all over the place, master cylinder was changed a week after the clutch so as to rule that out.
Sorry for the essay

Has anyone else had similar issues, tried searching the various forums but no luck

Thanks in advance

If your still wondering see my post.

2.0 TFSI Thrust bearing and clutch slip issue​

I managed to get to the bottom of it, was the main bearing moving, managed to fit some spacers to seat it and keep it where it should be

So it was crankshaft end float that was your problem? What engine and mileage were you running?

Is that 130,000 miles or is an extra 0 in there, sounds a reasonable mileage if not? Least there was a fix kit for it.

Yeah 130,000, yep I found the fix after i paid for the gearbox to be pulled out and looked at
Just a quick one I’m having the same issue as you with the clutch being a bit sticky on the way up after a hard few pulls but it’s fine when normal driving, what spacers did you fit etc. can you elaborate on what you done please.
Appreciate it