Clutch kit?

waggawagga

Reaction score
Looking a clutch kit for A3 8l 1.8. Seeing National, Luk, Sachs etc. Never heard of any of these. Which ones are good an which ones should be avoided like the plague?

Looking for something that's at least as good as genuine Audi parts which I can't seem to find. Many thanks.

A very Popular modification with the A3 is to get a Solid mass flywheel from a ABF engine (2.0 16v Mk3 golf or the G60 Corrado) and the clutch kit from a MK3 Golf 2.8 VR6 and putting those in as you wont need to replace the flywheel with every clutch change. (NOTE : if you do this mod you will Require Shorter Flywheel bolts to mount)

Just to hijack
What would be the symptoms of a worm dual mass ??

I'm getting bad vibrating when pulling away slowly

Just to hijack
What would be the symptoms of a worm dual mass ??

I'm getting bad vibrating when pulling away slowly

clanking during shutdown, rough startups (vibration-wise), somewhat erratic timing, shuddering during clutch engagement, the list goes on.

Reactions: mattyb6
Vibration through gearstick
I've got vibration when using the clutch to move off

No whining or nothing from the box, and pulls fine so guess it could it the dual mass

A very Popular modification with the A3 is to get a Solid mass flywheel from a ABF engine (2.0 16v Mk3 golf or the G60 Corrado) and the clutch kit from a MK3 Golf 2.8 VR6 and putting those in as you wont need to replace the flywheel with every clutch change. (NOTE : if you do this mod you will Require Shorter Flywheel bolts to mount)

Hello

Does anyone know the length required on the shorter bolts? Id like to do this conversion =]

Hello

Does anyone know the length required on the shorter bolts? Id like to do this conversion =]

Part number n90206103

Vibration through gearstick
I've got vibration when using the clutch to move off

No whining or nothing from the box, and pulls fine so guess it could it the dual mass

Vibration/movement through the gear stick could also be worn engine mount or dog bone bush... Get under the bonnet and see if there any movement in the engine

Reactions: AdzA3AGU