Clutch Noise

Release bearing has to be top of the list... Does the noise go away when you press the pedal (in neutral), and not present when it's in gear (as far as you can tell)?

What sort of mileage has the car (or clutch, if it's had one before) done? Do you sit at a lot of red lights or in a lot of stop-start traffic?

R

Release bearing has to be top of the list... Does the noise go away when you press the pedal (in neutral), and not present when it's in gear (as far as you can tell)?

What sort of mileage has the car (or clutch, if it's had one before) done? Do you sit at a lot of red lights or in a lot of stop-start traffic?

R
Noise not present when in gear only in neutral car has 11000 on clock not in stop start traffic much is release bearing expensive job thanks for your reply

Knowing what happens when you press the pedal (with no gear selected) might help narrow it down, but the release bearing is most likely. The good news is that the part isn't expensive; the less good news is that it's right in the middle, so the strip-down is the same as doing a clutch. The release bearing is usually done at the same time as a clutch; and and with 110000 (I guess 11000 was a typo?) on them, it'd be extremely optimistic to not do the clutch and flywheel why you're in there for the bearing.

R

Knowing what happens when you press the pedal (with no gear selected) might help narrow it down, but the release bearing is most likely. The good news is that the part isn't expensive; the less good news is that it's right in the middle, so the strip-down is the same as doing a clutch. The release bearing is usually done at the same time as a clutch; and and with 110000 (I guess 11000 was a typo?) on them, it'd be extremely optimistic to not do the clutch and flywheel why you're in there for the bearing.

R
Ok thanks will run it in to garage for a price on doing the job thanks

Just had mine done at a local indy garage,i purchased the complete clutch kit (DMF included) from parts in motion for just over £300 Sachs at the time there was a 5% discount as well so i purchased the slave cylinder as well...Total cost fitted was £550 ...Car had done 114k and the clutch disc was cose to the rivets but DMF was in good nick ,still changed it at that price though..We also noticed that the origanal clutch was also a Sachs ..Ps mine was a 1.6tdi cayc