clutch options to go with a fidanza smf??

Audi S3 freak

Reaction score
right my brother has a fidanza ally smf that he has just kicking about (it was a spare he had for his old track rallye and is brand new and still boxed) so.....like the good little brother I am......im stealing it! :) haha. would like to know what clutch you lot think would go with it? currently waiting on terry from helix (brother used them when he was at PTS and A1 rally sport) to call me back in the morning with some options. im aware about the whole smf chatter but honestly not too bothered about it so will be running it regardless to how it sounds. I only want to buy 1 clutch so needs to be able to handle far greater power than the car currently is as I do plan on going bt in the near future. A hybrid k04 will not keep a smile on my face for very long. engine will be coming out this weekend so I may as well do the clutch as well. cheers for any info

Is it for a 1.8t 20v and is it the right part/size for the S3? A3 and S3 are different clutch/flywheel wise...

I use a std LuK DMF, LuK pressure plate and Sachs paddle plate with a GT3071 turbo... works fine...

Welly had the same sorta SMF as this and found it to be a bit of a pain driving in traffic iirc... have to rev a lot more to get going..

<tuffty/>

hey tuffty, yes its the right size etc and for a o2m box hence why im stealing it....well its pointless it just sitting there! ;) just wanted to know if anyone ran 1 and if so with what. cheers for the reply :)