Clutch pedal on floor

Matta3sline

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum hoping someone can help

Got a 2006 2.0tdi a3 sline 140bhp bkd engine
Last week clutch pedal hit the floor and i had to pull it back up. Since then it drove ok but odd occasions it wud happen again. I then had master cylinder changed but pedal was spongey so i bled it up again but still spongy then after few miles it hit the floor again but worse this time i couldnt get gears at all. Then out of nowhere it was driving perfect with the off soft top pedal until pumped

Anyone had this and any ideas im thinking slave cylinder but no leaks and not using fluid at all

Thanks for any advice

My slave on my old car went like this, no leaks, but was sucking in air.

Reactions: Matta3sline
Cheers mate gone in today for new slave and clutch and flywheel hopefully solves it

If you do a search the clutch failing / going to the floor was a very common fault in Audi A3/S3 8L and TT 8N models, and happened on my S3 8L. I'm not an expert but it was something to do with the inward metal brackets welding not being up to standard and it leaves some plastic parts in the footwell. Cost me £500 to put right, absolutely seething. Audi to this day have still not admitted fault despite the overwhelming evidence. Yours in this instance is not the same issue cos they [quietly] solved it for 8P onwards