green8p

Reaction score
Hello fellas!
:sign imnew:

As the title suggests, I'm running out of ideas and patience with my 106k mile 6-speed 1.8TFSI. I'm new to the forum, but I've studied this place like a bible over the last few years of VAG cars ownership.

I have read through tens of forum posts before posting this, and I have tried all of the advice you legends put down on here, but to no avail... :readit:

Alongside a new turbo, I've put a full Sachs clutch + DMF kit into the car a few weeks ago, and had the pleasure of driving the car for an hour or so, before I lost all gears and had to push it back home (not too far luckily). Instantly I though the new CSC has failed during the bleeding process, and luckily I had one Sachs spare from when I thought to do an SMF swap.

The gearbox came off again to get that CSC replaced, but it had no leaks or obvious failure signs - strange I thought, but replaced it anyway for peace of mind. Checked the clutch due to doubting mysef, it was the right way around, centred with a proper tool. I also heard of how ******** the bleeding blocks are, so I fitted a new one from the local Audi garage just whilst I was there. My lovely CSC collection below:
old, faulty and new CSC

Had no luck pressure bleeding with a Gunson and leaving cap open as many forum posts suggest, so I thought let's replace the Master Clutch Cylinder and give all the seals and the plastic feed pipe some attention too. I noticed the feed pipe grommet had a bit of misting on the MC connection side, so I replaced the cylinder and changed the crappy plastic pipe to a braided silicone pipe with clamps in one go, to prevent any air being sucked in.

Tried using the Eezibleed again and after doing the workshop manual procedure: pressurising to 2.0bar and pumping 2 times a second 20 times for the Nth time, I felt the pedal firm up a bit - switched the car on, managed to get it in 1st, although within 2 seconds it lost gears AGAIN :banghead:

When pressurised, I can't hear any leaks from anywhere, and the only thing making me go "hmm right " is creaking coming from the gearbox area, like an airlock would sound if compressed along with metallic noises from the new pressure plate.

I have now tried to bleed it around 8 times total, using pressure bleeding, reverse pressure bleeding, manual bleeding, gravity bleeding and even bleeding myself from dried out skin - everything I could think of and could find on forums, but the car will still not go into gear and move at all...

If any of you Audi scholars have any ideas or advice, I'm all ears!
It's terrible to feel like you're falling out of love with your car after all this hard graft and £££ spent :search:

Thanks for reading if you made it this far!
Jacob

I just posted on the other thread but looks like you have done most of what I suggested above.
also I have had a diesel Passat csc plastic one split under pressure down the tube after about 1k miles so always use metal ones now- side point I know but
Do try filling before fitting and keeping the level on resivoir to almost brimming until done and remove to max line once done.
Let us all know if you find a way to do once and for all that works as I always have issues with doing these also.
pain in the **** they are sometimes.
Good luck with it mate.

also - does the pedal go to the floor and not coming back up unless you pull it or is pedal working but not selecting gears?

If you don’t already have,…
This is for the s3 bhz should be same but if you tell me the car and engine code, I can do same for your specific car if you need mate.

I haven’t read it yet I will in a min but thought I’d get it on here first in case you are still working now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 61
Copy and paste your message into TFSI tuning Facebook for a wider audience

Hello fellas!
:sign imnew:

As the title suggests, I'm running out of ideas and patience with my 106k mile 6-speed 1.8TFSI. I'm new to the forum, but I've studied this place like a bible over the last few years of VAG cars ownership.

I have read through tens of forum posts before posting this, and I have tried all of the advice you legends put down on here, but to no avail... :readit:

Alongside a new turbo, I've put a full Sachs clutch + DMF kit into the car a few weeks ago, and had the pleasure of driving the car for an hour or so, before I lost all gears and had to push it back home (not too far luckily). Instantly I though the new CSC has failed during the bleeding process, and luckily I had one Sachs spare from when I thought to do an SMF swap.

The gearbox came off again to get that CSC replaced, but it had no leaks or obvious failure signs - strange I thought, but replaced it anyway for peace of mind. Checked the clutch due to doubting mysef, it was the right way around, centred with a proper tool. I also heard of how ******** the bleeding blocks are, so I fitted a new one from the local Audi garage just whilst I was there. My lovely CSC collection below:
View attachment 254421

Had no luck pressure bleeding with a Gunson and leaving cap open as many forum posts suggest, so I thought let's replace the Master Clutch Cylinder and give all the seals and the plastic feed pipe some attention too. I noticed the feed pipe grommet had a bit of misting on the MC connection side, so I replaced the cylinder and changed the crappy plastic pipe to a braided silicone pipe with clamps in one go, to prevent any air being sucked in.

Tried using the Eezibleed again and after doing the workshop manual procedure: pressurising to 2.0bar and pumping 2 times a second 20 times for the Nth time, I felt the pedal firm up a bit - switched the car on, managed to get it in 1st, although within 2 seconds it lost gears AGAIN :banghead:

When pressurised, I can't hear any leaks from anywhere, and the only thing making me go "hmm right " is creaking coming from the gearbox area, like an airlock would sound if compressed along with metallic noises from the new pressure plate.

I have now tried to bleed it around 8 times total, using pressure bleeding, reverse pressure bleeding, manual bleeding, gravity bleeding and even bleeding myself from dried out skin - everything I could think of and could find on forums, but the car will still not go into gear and move at all...

If any of you Audi scholars have any ideas or advice, I'm all ears!
It's terrible to feel like you're falling out of love with your car after all this hard graft and £££ spent :search:

Thanks for reading if you made it this far!
Jacob
Alright mate
How did you get on in the end, I did mine yesterday and pressure bled through resivoir and return back to bleeder secondary tank.
followed Audi procedure -
It was pretty black and sunk to bottom that came out so did all lines to callipers in sequence and clear fluid now.
clutch took about 5-10 mins and all good

I keep level at almost brimming before connecting pressure bleeder and only just less than 1/4 turn as a mate told me they can pull in air (can’t see how being pressurised from top) but do anyway as habit

if air or loss of fluid, the pedal will just slam to floor usually when slightly pressed so was wondering if you have re set up linkage-

the locking pin on front of box and the 5mm pin in selector as you have unbolted the bracket I’m sure to get box off

keep us posted as it may help other members in future

hoping all was sorted already for you mate as you had a fair few csc’s in the box tfs
That’s a box off every csc I’m guessing :(