Clutch problem

mewstar

Reaction score
hi
I bought my first ever Audi last week (A3 sport 2.0 FSI, 2004 plate). Im wondering if there's a problem with the Clutch.
Basically moving off from a standing start the biting point is literally an inch from the carpet floor. is that correct?
when actually driving the clutch is spot on and gear changes a dream. it's just pulling off

please advise.

im sure audi's have hydraulic clutch's so maybe it needs bleeding but could be a worn clutch too get it checked out by a garage doesnt have to be audi either so will save you a few ££'s

yeh ive google'd and i too found that they are hydraulic and can't be adjusted?

i do have a 30 day warranty, but the garage is 30 miles away, and no doubt the warranty will be one of those not worth the paper it's on

is the clutch slipping?
drive at 30mph and put it into 5 and floor it, if it slips then you know it needs replacing.

Normally a worn clutch means the pedal comes up higher. I would be thinking clutch master/slave cylinder. if you are lucky it might just want bleeding.

i dont reckon it's slipping but i shall try the 30mph/5th gear tomorrow

master / slave sounds rather expensive.....?

thanks for the replies on this topic. seems a good forum

update:
clutch not slipping

Ive rang Audi, he said same as above, if clutch was on way out the biting point would be near the brake pedal

they are gonna have a look and drive Thursday

let's hope u are even more right with just needing bleeding :)