Clutch Problem?

SCFC_Messiah

Reaction score
Caught in heavy traffic on a steep hill coming home due to a set of temporary traffic lights. The hold up was about 1/3 of a mile long.

Anyway, as I was slowly stop/start creeping up the hill the car didn't feel quite right, so once I got back onto open road I tried putting my foot down to see if all was normal. When accelerating heavily in 3rd the car was revving heavily but didn't have the pull it usually has, which to my limited understanding suggests the clutch was slipping. The pedal didn't feel as tight either (but I could've been imagining that)

What I'm wondering is whether the clutches performance will go back to normal once it's had a chance to cool down, or whether any potential damage done on the hill is irreversible!? I don't really understand how they work so sorry if it's an obvious question

A3 2.0 TDI 170 with Stage 1 remap. 100K on the clock, still on the first clutch as far as I know

Cheers

Sounds like new clutch needed to me, as it will continue to happen & get worse no doubt.

Mates S3 was £900, you'd need to check with audi mate.

IIRC there's 2 types from audi, 1 gives more vibration than standard, my mate chose replace like for like as didnt want vibes, seems to be happy with it.

Thats half the battle with clutches. Theres nothing more soul-destroying than fitting an uprated clutch and then finding out you need to go to the gym for a few weeks to beef up your legs.

ahhhh dsg/stronic, best of both worlds lmao.