Clutch Reccomendations for 1.9 diesel 6 Speed

chris1008

Reaction score
My clutch started slipping last night on the way home from the trafford centre. It's an A4 1.9 TDI, 6 speed and remapped , so approx 160bhp ish. It's on 105k and I've got a huge pile of bills and invoices for work carried out and theres nothing to suggest a clutch change so I'm pretty sure it's the original.

Can anyone reccomend a clutch for a slightly tuned engine, I was just going to buy a direct replacement kit from the motor factors but having read various write ups some people have had them wear out after 8000 miles on a re mapped diesel.

Is the standard clutch up to the job or is it worth it getting a sports clutch ? and what benefit is there in getting a single mass flywheel kit over a dual

Not sure about the clutches, mine has been remapped and is on 150,000 miles and no sign of problems and I believe it's on the original clutch and mine is Quattro.
The dual mass flywheel is designed to reduce vibration through the gearbox so putting less stress on the gearbox and the gearboxes can be more lightly engineered ( cheaper).
I know it is possible to convert to a standard type flywheel but I don't know anyone who has.