Clutch replacement

Thanks for the update :) Do you think that the clutch pedal has got softer, or did you just get used to it?

I had no idea that wheel alignment will need to be done afterwards. Thanks for the heads up!

yeah has defo got softer! so much more feel through pedal also. yeah alignment needs to be done as subframe needs to be dropped or removed to get gearbox out of car. which is why I fitted springs at same time. and on the subject of springs drives soo much better :openmouth: its more stable at high speed, doesn't bounce around as much, is more comfortable and sits like it should of when it came out of factory!!!! only downside with as with most lowered cars in can crash a bit into the unexpected large potholes :rage:

agree with you on the springs , my eibachs are great , improved ride all round no crashiness at all but eibach dont drop as low as h&r

yeah has defo got softer! so much more feel through pedal also. yeah alignment needs to be done as subframe needs to be dropped or removed to get gearbox out of car. which is why I fitted springs at same time. and on the subject of springs drives soo much better :openmouth: its more stable at high speed, doesn't bounce around as much, is more comfortable and sits like it should of when it came out of factory!!!! only downside with as with most lowered cars in can crash a bit into the unexpected large potholes :rage:

Did you replace the release bearing and flywheel at the same time? Got a quote from AMDTuning in Essex yesterday to have the Sachs clutch fitted, and they recommended replacing those two items at the same time for £349.

What would they be replacing the current fly wheel with dual mass or single mass??

They didn't say. I would hope that it's a dual mass.

Well the current fly wheel is dual mass

Last edited:
agree with you on the springs , my eibachs are great , improved ride all round no crashiness at all but eibach dont drop as low as h&r

Yeah is one of the best things i've done! The springs doesn't crash all the time very rarely when you hit a massive pothole at speed without realising Lol

Did you replace the release bearing and flywheel at the same time? Got a quote from AMDTuning in Essex yesterday to have the Sachs clutch fitted, and they recommended replacing those two items at the same time for £349.

I did replace flywheel and release bearing with genuine parts however flywheel was not required just did it for peice of mind! £349 seems cheap as release bearing is a consentric slave type and is about £90 on its own and a duel mass is normally about £500

Thanks :) Perhaps AMDTuning isn't using OEM parts, but I'd have to ask them first.

How do the springs work with the adaptive dampers?

How do the springs work with the adaptive dampers?

Exactly the same as with the standard springs as the new springs are progressive just like standard. All the drive select does is adjust the stiffness of the dampers.

How much did AMD quote you for a Sachs clutch fitted if you don't mind me asking?

How much did AMD quote you for a Sachs clutch fitted if you don't mind me asking?

They quoted me £996 inc. VAT to have the clutch plate and cover supplied and fitted.

Reactions: NoorJosef