Clutch - S3 - Sutiable For Track Days

NikkiNokkiNoo

iTrack S3
Reaction score
Website
www.idonthaveahomepage.com
Hi, my S3 has a CG Motorsport Kevlar Clutch fitted. It was fitted recently by prior owner (Jardo on forum). However, in my track days since buying the car its been slipping the higher gear and progerssivly gets worse. Seems to be heat related as normal road conditions its as good a gold. I spoke to CG motorsport and they confirmed that the power that its running (I think its somewhere between 275 - 290 bhp) is too much for the clutch to deal with for track days.

So, i need a new clutch and one that can put up with the abuse of track days -- any suggestions? Thanks!

That clutch is spot on, my money is on the flywheel.

CG are only saying its "under spec" for the power because it doesn't have a solid flywheel, the CG kit they are recommending is the same friction plate with a SF.

I'll come look at it some time for you.

Cheers mate - I have it booked in next week at my garage, they mentioned fly wheel and if that had been changed with the clutch. Bit concerned I may have messed up the clutch as I drove it when slipping. Need to get it sorted for June 21st as I have another sprint race, for which I'm hoping to be up there if I can get this clutch sorted.

off topic but fairly important
do you have a baffled sump fella?

If you're doing a lot of track work I personally would get a baffled sump. Cheap insurance

Forge have a good one

yeh i have one
seen a few guys running dry and blowing bottom ends out if doing a few track days id say its a must have
i have the forge one as jenno recommended and its nice

Ok ta - I have done a few track days so for and haven't had an issue (may be i'm not driving fast enough LOL) - it stops an issues with oil supply back up to the top of the engine, is that right? Easy job to fit? I'm not very technical, lots to learn. Ta.

i didnt fit my own but its basically a sump swap

btw not trying to put fear into you just friendly advice
its fairly important

seen pkenty of guys tracking without one and been fine but if you are hard on the brakes lap after lap you dont want oil starvation.
get one on and never think about it again was my moto