Cockpit/cabin water ingress

johnners81

Reaction score
So I’ve got the 8Y 2021 s3 saloon and after washing the vehicle once with sponge and water, having that torrential rain showers early July I noticed midweek once it warmed up that the new car smell was diminished more than I thought it should be.
At the weekend I washed her again with my worx hydroshot and detailing kit bought specifically to keep my s3 looking showroom clean.
Once going to clean the inside and removing the mats I noticed pooling in the near side passenger footwell and same in the rear footwell.
Of course I immediately suspected I had left a window slightly down but inspecting closely in the front passenger well I noticed far under the seat white mould spots and began to suspect the water could not have been 2-4 hrs old!
I’ve contacted audi to report this issue and have been booked in for investigation work.
Interestingly, the service agent making the booking although did not know the cause of the fault I was told there is a recall on my model for the Plenum chamber replacing.
I had to Google this, I’m assuming without confirmation yet, it’s the chamber for the climate system and I’m wondering whether this is the cause of the water ingress.
Has any other 8Y saloon owners of either model type had similar water ingress or has any other owner had their plenum chamber replaced?
New to the group so apologies of this thread exists but my immediate search didn’t find any threads.
Thanks for any responses and or advice and if anyone can reassure me as I’m really worried after a technician rips out the dash/carpets/headlinings etc will she still be squeak and rattle free?!?! (Fingers and toes firmly crossed!)
Thanks, John

Attachments

• E6528FC0-D3DC-4DBA-A1AD-4757CBA8D079.jpeg
    E6528FC0-D3DC-4DBA-A1AD-4757CBA8D079.jpeg
    583 KB · Views: 162
So I’ve got the 8Y 2021 s3 saloon and after washing the vehicle once with sponge and water, having that torrential rain showers early July I noticed midweek once it warmed up that the new car smell was diminished more than I thought it should be.
At the weekend I washed her again with my worx hydroshot and detailing kit bought specifically to keep my s3 looking showroom clean.
Once going to clean the inside and removing the mats I noticed pooling in the near side passenger footwell and same in the rear footwell.
Of course I immediately suspected I had left a window slightly down but inspecting closely in the front passenger well I noticed far under the seat white mould spots and began to suspect the water could not have been 2-4 hrs old!
I’ve contacted audi to report this issue and have been booked in for investigation work.
Interestingly, the service agent making the booking although did not know the cause of the fault I was told there is a recall on my model for the Plenum chamber replacing.
I had to Google this, I’m assuming without confirmation yet, it’s the chamber for the climate system and I’m wondering whether this is the cause of the water ingress.
Has any other 8Y saloon owners of either model type had similar water ingress or has any other owner had their plenum chamber replaced?
New to the group so apologies of this thread exists but my immediate search didn’t find any threads.
Thanks for any responses and or advice and if anyone can reassure me as I’m really worried after a technician rips out the dash/carpets/headlinings etc will she still be squeak and rattle free?!?! (Fingers and toes firmly crossed!)
Thanks, John

afternoon forum gurus

I posted this thread and haven’t had a single response.

audi have been shocking in their service arrangements and this is still an outstanding fix under warranty.

according to the CS the plenum chamber could be the causation but as yet the vehicle awaiting its servicing (20/09/21).

has anybody suffered similar water ingress and can confirm any causations different to the fix audi are proposing?

thanks in advance

Think you shouldncheck.8V forum.as this cars have same problem

Reactions: johnners81
afternoon forum gurus

I posted this thread and haven’t had a single response.

audi have been shocking in their service arrangements and this is still an outstanding fix under warranty.

according to the CS the plenum chamber could be the causation but as yet the vehicle awaiting its servicing (20/09/21).

has anybody suffered similar water ingress and can confirm any causations different to the fix audi are proposing?

thanks in advance
It is the Plenum Chamber apparently and it comes up when they run the software updates 51H2 is the code that will come - Sealing Plenum Chamber

Brilliant. Thank you for your reply. Hopefully not any additional damage has been done because the amount of water has been quite bad!
It is the Plenum Chamber apparently and it comes up when they run the software updates 51H2 is the code that will come - Sealing Plenum Chamber