Code out auto EPB when engine running & drivers door opens?

Harvey

VAG Convert
Reaction score
This has probably been covered before but...I've found a really annoying 'feature' on my FL S3 which means when I'm reversing into my works parking bay & open the drivers door to double check wheel to curb clearance the darn EPB engages and stops me in my tracks. My S3 is S-Tronic & I've not tried it when in a forward gear but assume it does the same. Can this be coded 'off' in VCDS as I've seen this Ross-Tech thread but nothing on here after a good search using various word combos?
@DJAlix are you able to confirm if this can be done on the FL 8V as you seem to be da'man in the know so would appreciate your advise ;)
I have got a genuine VCDS so can have a play but didn't want to break anything as I read you can lockout modules using the incorrect security codes.

Would a scan of my ABS module help or can everyone reverse like a hero with no requirement to double check their wheels are about to get munched by the curb monster!

A simple way is to dip your driver mirror to the lowest point and straight view along the body and you will see the curb to wheel view whilst reversing.

Way too much effort. I'd love to code out the EPB when in reverse & door open. Oh well, I'll continue hunting round to see if I can find a solution. Just bongs if you open the door in a forward gear as I expected.

This has probably been covered before but...I've found a really annoying 'feature' on my FL S3 which means when I'm reversing into my works parking bay & open the drivers door to double check wheel to curb clearance the darn EPB engages and stops me in my tracks. My S3 is S-Tronic & I've not tried it when in a forward gear but assume it does the same. Can this be coded 'off' in VCDS as I've seen this Ross-Tech thread but nothing on here after a good search using various word combos?
@DJAlix are you able to confirm if this can be done on the FL 8V as you seem to be da'man in the know so would appreciate your advise ;)
I have got a genuine VCDS so can have a play but didn't want to break anything as I read you can lockout modules using the incorrect security codes.

Just an FYI. The module lockout only lasts for 10 or 15 minutes per lockout. It’s not permanent.