Coding request - 42 or 52 - Door control modules - without folding mirrors with B&O

airbus319

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Morning everyone,

Is anyone able to give me a copy of their long coding for either module 52 or 42 the door control modules.

Ideally someone without folding mirrors but with B&O speaker illumination and interior lighting pack.

thanks

David.

I could but I have folding mirrors ....

Don't have a PFL car backup that I can find at the moment but this is a Facelift A3 with factory B&O, ILP with Power Adjustable & Folding and Auto Dimming Mirrors:
  • 42 = 005D8A205C01040000001002
  • 52 = 005D82205E01040000001002
  • BB = 000C82204001040000001002
  • BC = 000C82204001040000001002

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Evening all, yeah Alex has been working with me on the issue. I think it must be a long coding problem, I've selected the tick boxes in the long coding helper and saved but for some reason neither the ambient (Pin 8 on the 32 point door connector) or the B&O lighting (Pin 3 on the 20 point door connector) come on when selected. I have checked and the control module is ambient lighting equipped.

When I do an output test on the lighting option they all come on and illuminate correctly so the circuits are proven it's just coding them.

Any ideas?

David.

I could but I have folding mirrors ....

Hi Rob,

if possible could you share yours please? The lighting byte is separate from the Mirror folding byte so may still reveal an issue at my end

thank you

David.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Have you, once enabling Ambient & speaker illumination, been into Adaptations (09 Central Electrics) and enabled speaker illumination ?

I've done the door illumination retrofit on all four and the rear B&O Led retrofit too.

Reactions: airbus319
Thanks T800, Do you have a note of which adaptations you did?

cheers

David.

Reactions: T-800
I've got B&O, ILP but not folding mirrors, although I have enabled mirror dip in reverse. I can post up my long coding tomorrow if you're still struggling mate.

Hi Rob,

if possible could you share yours please? The lighting byte is separate from the Mirror folding byte so may still reveal an issue at my end

thank you

David.

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver (J386) Labels: 5QX-959-X93-42.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 959 593 D HW: 5Q0 959 593 B
Component: TSG FS 020 0028
Coding: 005D8E205C01040000001002

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. (J387) Labels: 5QX-959-X92-52.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 959 592 D HW: 5Q0 959 592 B
Component: TSG BFS 020 0028
Coding: 005D86205E01040000001002

Reactions: airbus319 and pburv
Thanks Rob, this reveals that we have the same modules with the same firmware version except I have 5F instead of 5D in the coding on Byte 1.

I'll check that out shortly.

cheers

David.

Guys,

For thought of you that have added front, and in some cases rear B&Q speaker lighting, and cannot seem to activate and or control (MMI) said lighting even after coding... I believe I have just stumbled across the issue:

Screen Shot 2017 02 06 at 173112

In addition to the available adaptation channels and long coding, within the firmware of each door controller there are also "parameters" which need to be set. There is also a possibility that in order to have factory / OEM style control the module will need to be changed / flashed to a "E" variant.

Will update further when I know more...

Reactions: rcnacura, T-800, Schizophonic and 1 other person
@DJAlix Hey Alex, I just retrofitted B&O door cards, and hooked the wire to T20/3... Enabled ambient in 09 and 42/52... Module is 5Q0959593B/5Q0959592B for both HW and SW... Then enabled ambient with ODIS but still don't light up... The door card itself tested fine and the connections are secured. Do I need to flash the modules to E or upload the parameters for it to light up, or just to gain control in MMI?

Also, after enabling ambient with ODIS, the one touch windows for both front doors stopped working, was able to reset the passenger side, but couldn't get the driver side to reset... Any idea? Thanks!

@DJAlix Hey Alex, I just retrofitted B&O door cards, and hooked the wire to T20/3... Enabled ambient in 09 and 42/52... Module is 5Q0959593B/5Q0959592B for both HW and SW... Then enabled ambient with ODIS but still don't light up... The door card itself tested fine and the connections are secured. Do I need to flash the modules to E or upload the parameters for it to light up, or just to gain control in MMI?

Also, after enabling ambient with ODIS, the one touch windows for both front doors stopped working, was able to reset the passenger side, but couldn't get the driver side to reset... Any idea? Thanks!
Genuine ODIS?

Genuine ODIS?

Ya, at the largest VAG retrofitter here, they said normally it would light after ODIS but somehow not in my case, and it was late so we decided to call it for the day and I'll recheck the wiring connections.

Ya, at the largest VAG retrofitter here, they said normally it would light after ODIS but somehow not in my case, and it was late so we decided to call it for the day and I'll recheck the wiring connections.
modules need to be correct, coded correctly and parameterised.

modules need to be correct, coded correctly and parameterised.

Thanks... So basically, I do need to flash it to E, and the parameterized it before it will even light up?

And any idea to reset the window one touch? Tried all the way up and down holding it for 10 secs each, got the passenger side working, but driver side just won't reset...

Thanks... So basically, I do need to flash it to E, and the parameterized it before it will even light up?

And any idea to reset the window one touch? Tried all the way up and down holding it for 10 secs each, got the passenger side working, but driver side just won't reset...

Iarbel could you resolve one touch windows to work?? i have the same problem after change module for folding mirror and footwell light from passenger door dont work too