Coil Pack Maybe?

Xmay4444

On Point!!
Reaction score
On my way to work early yesterday, filled up the car and was doing about 30ish when the engined starts to cough and splutter. From reading posts on here I'm hoping its just a coil pack so I've got a new one from my local dealer.
My question now is, can I fit it without having to clear any fault codes with VCDS?
Secondly, is there any easy way to tell which one needs changing without VCDS.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

simple answer pop out the one thats gone wrong an replace with the new one an hey presto!

Problem is i don't know which one is bad.:unsure:

If its a coil pack gone down, the engine management light would have come on. When my coil went i just swapped one at a time with a new coil starting from no.1 cylinder until the misfire stopped, it turned out to be the last one! I f your engine management light did not illuminate and you just filled with fuel, i would suggest you have got yourself some bad fuel.

The EM light did flash a couple of times.
I,ll go down the trial and error route in the morning.
Fingers crossed.

Well, I was in luck!
The first one I tried was the faulty one. I could'nt beleive how easy it was to change. All I needed was a screwdriver, and that was to take of the engne cover. How main dealers can charge what they do for a job like that is beyond me.