Coilies fitted to the S-Line

chazd

Reaction score
Earlier this year during a service I was advised my rear shock was leaking and As the MOT is due in the next few weeks I thought I had better do something about it.

i had a Passat a few years back with TA Technik coilies and 20s and braved JOM on this...

I got them v cheap and a mate fitted for me, at least I know it will get through the MOT now!

So opinions....they were easy to fit but a total pain to adjust once fitted, especially the backs, without removing the shock it takes a bit of imagination to adjust but I have the nack so it adjusts easy.

So the JOMs in my opinion provide a nicer ride to stock, gone is the crash suspension and its first trip was the a34 and m40 to Birmingham today. Overall I am pleasantly surprised, the ride is smooth and not as bad as I had imagined. It handled the back roads well and felt more planted and did not make hard work of the a roads.

The worst is the rubbing on the rear around roundabouts or over big bumps, rear arch screw need removing I think? Wheels are 8x18 et42...

I do a fair bit of mileage and generally purchased as they were local, I needed a shock replaced so thought why not wedge something different on.

lets see how they fair and I will keep updated and expect some criticism, but for under £80 for the lot, I am not one to complain,even if they last 12 months !

pics below, I haven't totally slammed as do a fair bit of mileage and need it drive able as normally I have no clue where I am going! Front need dropping a tad more? Think it has a tad bit of reverse rake... Opinions?

Before

47e1d08ff9c4106a6b82732ec205a866.jpg

after

30db928130f22e187ec3b34488e18c3a.jpg

I like the before, because of the better picture quality :p Looks nice mate, I'm also be fitting JOM, Cold weather keeps putting me off.

I need to clean it n take some better pics

Thanks peeps, am really pleased, fronts dropped a tad and back has settled lower so need to tweak at the weekend

I'd go for a bit more on the front - nice hint of rake then

Got a better pic

5217e733b9526e9a827c348f823cc627.jpg

Sitting a tad more level now

Agree it makes the first pic look high, but IMO it is just a tad too low now - it looks good but for me 5mm higher or so would be better.

Agree it makes the first pic look high, but IMO it is just a tad too low now - it looks good but for me 5mm higher or so would be better.

i may need to raise it a little as the back is rubbing a lot :-(

Remove the screw mate.

where is the screw? It the screw on the rear wing and bumper join? It is still close to the arch liners mind....wheels are ET 42...

There is only one, right at the top of the bumper. Im running 8.5x18 ET 37 215/40 with no rubbing at all. Couple of degrees of -ve camber though!

c42bcc095c4482f07a29c549ddd07d1c.jpg

Here is how it has settled after tweaking...new wheels?! Hmmmm

Looks good. Wheels wouldn't be my preference but I really like the (admittedly over used) OEM S-Line 18" alloys.

Still v impressed with the JOMs, done over 2000 miles and they are going good.

owing to my high mileage I have added a bra( only put on for the journeys)

here is how it now sits for the day to day slog.

1c68dc6b38277ee7eff21d6ff76acfc4.jpg

f022e890383d53aeec986b9cf2a4f1f3.jpg

Still on the hunt for new wheels....

I raised the rear up and it seems to be a lot better. The rear is as high as it will go!

i love the wheels some days and others fancy a change...