Coilovers & 19s on

I went for the KW V2s and H&R ARBs. the ET45 is very close to the arch on the front, maybe a small spacer on the back. Time will tell.

I hate negative camber, uneven tyre wear :sob:

Did you need the ARB's for the bigger loop to stop the driveshaft hitting?

I went for Bilstein PSS10's but they aren't getting fitted until next Monday....I thought they were ET42?......mine are ET27 :wtf:

You can definately go lower at the back lad, but your offset might not allow you :(

You see the ARB's you bought? what are they for?

will they top rubbing on full lock at the front?

Nath looks really nice. I love the alloys! IMO i think everything that you've done looks spot on... No OTT business.
Top stuff mate.

Ali

Looks fantastic N8KOW, wish mine to be wasn't a company car, so much i'd love to do!

Whats the ride like with the KW's on, what setting do you have them on?

Mark

Looks the business Nath ;)

I was hoping for some pics of pink tights and nail polish though :laugh:

Really well thought out and the finished article is testament to that.

Is it me or does the current a3 SB look familiar in shape to the current a4 avant, but the size of the older A4 avant??

Either way... I LIIIIKE, *in a Borat style tone*

Ok I take back my overwheeled comment, it was the angle your piccies were taken ;)

Looks pretty good! Although it might be a tad lower at the back :)

J.

Is it me or does the current a3 SB look familiar in shape to the current a4 avant, but the size of the older A4 avant??

I thought that, went to Audi Northampton the other day and they had a white sportback with open sky and from the road i thought it was an A4 avant - although saying that it must all be about perspective 'cos the sportback is only about 5cm longer than the 3 door hatch!

Looks very nice mate.

Only thing I don't like about the SB is the rear lights - much prefer the 3 door rear lights.

Only thing I'd say about the wheels, wouldn't suit me as I like to be able to get my hands in to clean the insides. Saves having to keep jacking the car to clean them.

Enjoy.

Paul

Very good choice of wheels there Nath, not usually a fan of TSW's style but they suit your car really really well. Nice one.
Agree a debadge would look smooth.
Keep up the good work

Nath looks really nice. I love the alloys! IMO i think everything that you've done looks spot on... No OTT business.
Top stuff mate.

Ali

Thanks Ali! :arco: I've done alot, but it doesn't LOOK alot! I hope :tumble:

Looks fantastic N8KOW, wish mine to be wasn't a company car, so much i'd love to do!

Whats the ride like with the KW's on, what setting do you have them on?

Mark

Thanks Mark. The ride is superb with the KW's, still smooth but a little firmer than standard, its on half way at the moment, which excerising my point of coilvers, if your not happy, you have the option to adjust :sly:

Looks the business Nath ;)

I was hoping for some pics of pink tights and nail polish though :laugh:

Really well thought out and the finished article is testament to that.

Either way... I LIIIIKE, *in a Borat style tone*

Thanks Leon! It does look a similar shape, but I quite like it! Looks like a mini RS6 without the 570bhp :nyah:

Ok I take back my overwheeled comment, it was the angle your piccies were taken ;)

Looks pretty good! Although it might be a tad lower at the back :)

J.

Ha Ha :box:

Looks very nice mate.

Only thing I don't like about the SB is the rear lights - much prefer the 3 door rear lights.

Only thing I'd say about the wheels, wouldn't suit me as I like to be able to get my hands in to clean the insides. Saves having to keep jacking the car to clean them.

Enjoy.

Paul

Hi Paul, I prefer the SB lights to the 3 door, especially these, the S3 SB :drool:

S3SBRearLights.jpg

Very good choice of wheels there Nath, not usually a fan of TSW's style but they suit your car really really well. Nice one.
Agree a debadge would look smooth.
Keep up the good work

Look at my sig! De-badge is the next "task" which I'll do next sat when I'm back from my hols! :icon_thumright:

Thanks for all the feedback guys! :hubbahubba:

Excuse my ignorance but what's the difference between your rear lights and the new S3 SB one's?

Looking good Nath.

I was over with my dealer on Thursday and they have not got the facelift part numbers in ETKA yet - he said the updates are coming in every two or three days for the last month or so, but they've not put the A3 ones up yet.

BTW, is that a new rear diffuser on the S3SB? Looks slightly different to the S3 3dr.

I'm waiting for the SB S3 rear valance, I wonder if it will work with a towbar ???? as for the SB looking like a Avant, my SB gets called a hearse at work !

Nath

That looks boss (in scouse accent). I think the ride height is spot on, we will have to meet up so I can take a ride to see how the suspension rides. I like the low stance with those TSWs. The overall look is classy, but very low, I like it.

John.

I'm waiting for the SB S3 rear valance, I wonder if it will work with a towbar ???? as for the SB looking like a Avant, my SB gets called a hearse at work !

LOL :laugh: Mine just called an estate :applaus:

Nath

That looks boss (in scouse accent). I think the ride height is spot on, we will have to meet up so I can take a ride to see how the suspension rides. I like the low stance with those TSWs. The overall look is classy, but very low, I like it.

John.

I know, scousers say Boss!! :laugh: I will pop over soon so we can talk business. Cheers John, how far is wirral from L'Pool?

Looks perfect! Now all you need is the power to match your S3 front!

I am planning the same except for the 19's. the front end is on order....cant wait!!

From L'pool city cente we are about 15-20 mins away.

Thanks John! I will pop down soon!

Looks perfect! Now all you need is the power to match your S3 front!

I am planning the same except for the 19's. the front end is on order....cant wait!!

I'm happy with the 2.0TDI thanks lad. :applaus:

Nope. Lower! :gaehn: Nah, summer time for the remap, need to do more research and pick the right one!

You have a month and half yet to do your research before the day!

28th of June is summer in my book :)

p

GIAC now do a 2.0tdi remap, apparently exceptional gains with minimal smoke on full boost.

Steve at Statller was raving about it the last time we spoke, he is trialling a new 170tdi map at the moment on his girlfriends Brand new Golf GT.

Go for it Nathan and see you on the 28th :)

You have a month and half yet to do your research before the day!

28th of June is summer in my book :)

p

GIAC now do a 2.0tdi remap, apparently exceptional gains with minimal smoke on full boost.

Steve at Statller was raving about it the last time we spoke, he is trialling a new 170tdi map at the moment on his girlfriends Brand new Golf GT.

Go for it Nathan and see you on the 28th :)

I want 180ish bhp and 300ft-lb any ideas :icon_thumright:

why aim so low ? I want 200bhp and as much torque as the DSG can handle :)

Having a look at the figures on GIAC ans REVO's sits your looking at 180+bhp and 280 lbft .

Both well respected tuners so you can't go wrong really.

p