Coincidences...

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
What are your biggest/strangest/weirdest coincidences??

Here's mine:

Me and my missus have..

1) The same surname (we're not married)
2) The same first initial.
3) Our dads have the same first name (they're not the same person!!)
4) Our first ever mobile phone number from years ago, before we knew each other, were EXACTLY the same. Except mine began 07956 and hers began 07958

:sadlike:

Reactions: Ghost and Nilz
Once sat watching a fireworks display at Disneyworld florida with my family, tap on the shoulder turned out to be my dads RAF colleague sat on the row behind with his family. Both had been made redundant from RAF Bruggen in germany a few weeks beforehand. Odd.

When we were away on Honeymoon in Mexico, we met a couple who ended up having the same DJ as us, the DJ is my cousin and this other couple used them as the girl was housemates at uni with my cousins wifes sister (Bit long I know)

Where in mexico? Weve just booked seaside eldorado suites... happen to be that one?

This is a good thread idea!

My strange coincidence (or rather my mum's) is that my mum bought a brand new car years ago (black Ford Fiesta) and the reg allocated to it was YE53WBW.

5 years later she sold it and bought herself another brand new car (again, black Ford Fiesta) and the reg allocated to that one was YE58WBW.

She bought herself another brand new car after that one a few years back (yup, you guessed it... black Ford Fiesta) buuuuuuuut she whacked a personal reg on it straight from the dealership so I've no idea what the original registration would have been, but I'd like to think it carried on in the same weird tradition.

And just to put you at ease guys, she has bought a new car this year and gone for something different this time... a blue Ford Fiesta! :laugh:

Still though... YE53WBW and YE58WBW... strange!

Reactions: Nilz
My wife and I have known each other since secondary school, but went to different ones.

They used to film Emmerdale at my school and I was an extra a few times. They later filmed it at my now wife's school. One time I was round a mates and told him my friend (now wife) was going to be in Emmerdale but I had no idea when it was. Sure enough at that second she walked past the screen. He didn't believe me that I knew her :(

Reactions: Nilz
Where in mexico? Weve just booked seaside eldorado suites... happen to be that one?

We stayed in Cancun at the Moon Palace, would 100% go back there again, in fact a lot of friends that have got married after us have all gone there as well upon our recommendation and loved it.

Another wierd one was a couple of years ago whilst at work, i was talking to a colleague in another dept on the phone, normally we have long blown conversations, but that day for some reason we didnt, the following day we were flying out to Portugal on holiday and I saw her and her bf in the airport, didnt think anything of it, it was only when we got off the flight and was about to get on the coach to the hotel, that I saw them again in the first 2 seats, staying in a hotel just down the road from us!!

It made me think that the day before had we had our normal conversation, it would have gone something like, so anyway we are off on our hols tomoz, oh yea...same here, yea we are going to Portugal...really, so are we....where from, Birmingham, same here, what time...11.00am, no way, same here, what flight, xxxx, oh my gosh, same here!!!

I can just imagine the pitch of her voice getting higher and higher...lol!! :)

Reactions: crazy88
My wife and I have known each other since secondary school, but went to different ones.

They used to film Emmerdale at my school and I was an extra a few times. They later filmed it at my now wife's school. One time I was round a mates and told him my friend (now wife) was going to be in Emmerdale but I had no idea when it was. Sure enough at that second she walked past the screen. He didn't believe me that I knew her

They used to film Emmerdale at my school and I was an extra a few times. They later filmed it at my now wife's school. One time I was round a mates and told him my friend (now wife) was going to be in Emmerdale but I had no idea when it was. Sure enough at that second she walked past the screen. He didn't believe me that I knew her :(

They used to film Emmerdale at my school and I was an extra a few times. They later filmed it at my now wife's school. One time I was round a mates and told him my friend (now wife) was going to be in Emmerdale but I had no idea when it was. Sure enough at that second she walked past the screen. He didn't believe me that I knew her

Jesus christ!!!! What a coincidence!

:whistle2:

Reactions: Nilz and crazy88
LOL!!!!

Would you believe it!!

So Ads, my question for this afternoon is this:

Two occurrences of event happen (e.g. a sequence of numbers, a number plate characteristic, a place, a chance meeting). Is it chance, probability, life playing itself out, and does coincidence really exist as a phenomena or is it just something invented by humans based on a pattern recognition or system that help us to draw parallels or justify reasons for the outcomes of life????? When is coincidence 'coincidence' and not connected causality ;-)

I'll get me coat!

Reactions: k.lockU2
Some weird sh*t literally just happened....

I'm at work and gave one of my colleagues the last of my fish and chip lunch. He's that guy in the office who eats everyone's leftovers, even if he's just had lunch.
One of my other colleagues saw this and sent me an instant message saying "He's like my labrador, he eats anything!".

I laughed and started reading this thread again.

A few seconds later the same colleague sent me another instant message, this time saying "Check the email that just came in. What a coincidence!".

I checked it and it was entitled... 'Labrador'.

So... she pointed out a coincidence to me... while I was reading about coincidences.

What a coincidence... within a coincidence.

I'll stop typing coincidence now.

Reactions: k.lockU2 and Sandra
Great thread Ads, makes me smile. :) x

Reactions: Ads
So Ads, my question for this afternoon is this:

Two occurrences of event happen (e.g. a sequence of numbers, a number plate characteristic, a place, a chance meeting). Is it chance, probability, life playing itself out, and does coincidence really exist as a phenomena or is it just something invented by humans based on a pattern recognition or system that help us to draw parallels or justify reasons for the outcomes of life????? When is coincidence 'coincidence' and not connected causality ;-)

I'll get me coat!

After reading that I've forgotten what a coincidence is.

Reactions: warren_S5
On a lads holiday we made friends with a lad from down south (no Ads this isn't like one of your gym 'friends')
He came up to here for a night out and we went Blackpool as well then we spoke just occasionally,three years later I was waiting at Corfu Airport in the departure lounge with my bird and he tapped me on the shoulder,he'd been away with his missus as well..we had never told each other about it.
Best buddies now.

Reactions: Nilz, warren_S5 and Sandra
Good thread Ads.. I think there’s so many if you look for them.

All my Niece and nephews birthdays fall on dates like, Nov5, Oct 31, June 21 & Dec 21

One was born on Friday the 13, and one on the 08 08 2008

Love this one.. The sun’s diameter is 400 times larger than the moon and the sun is 400 times farther away!

front.jpg

Reactions: Artimus
My mate had popped round to see me, i was still living with my mum at the time, and he was all depressed coz his girlfriend had dumped him. My Mum was telling him he needed to do something to take his mind off the girlfriend, and get a social life. She said he should play cricket as I was at the time.

Anyway, while he was chatting the home phone rung, I answered and this bloke asked for Gary. I was a bit confused, checked again, and then went into the kitchen to say to my mate Gary, did he give out my Mum's phone number to anyone? He was like, no, I never did. Anyway, I said there is a call for you so someone knows you are here, his name is Steve. Anyway he had a mate called Steve, so he picked up the phone and this fella asked him if he was ok to play cricket tomorrow. My mate Gary was saying to this guy that he can't really make it, as Mark's Mum has only just mentioned it to him and he needs time to think about it. So this guy Steve is saying "what are you like you pussy, are you playing tomorrow or what?" So my mate Gary puts me on the phone saying "you sort it out I didn't want your Mum to do this".

Anyway, turns out it was a wrong number. This guy Steve was the local cricket captain, calling to speak to Gary, the wicket keeper, to make sure he was still ok for the game the next day. He was 1 digit out on the number.

I still pi$$ myself laughing seeing my mate Gary getting all embarrassed and trying to tell the guy no without being rude about my Mum :)

Reactions: smurfworth
Men wake up with a hard on,
Women wake up yawning..

Coincidence..?

Reactions: k.lockU2, Jameze and DomH
Was sending an email to a mate back in 2004

Got a digit wrong and sent it to someone totally different

Married the girl I sent the email too

Not a coincidence but still a good story