Collected Ibis White S5 Sportback today

chanlon1

Reaction score
Website
www.babybmw.net
Said good bye to the S3, and picked up the Ibis White S5 Sportback today from Belfast Audi.

As ever, perfect Customer Service.

IMG 1954

IMG 1955

IMG 1957

Needless to say the photos do not do justice.

In addition to the car, the other half got a nice bunch of flowers:

IMG 1965

and my 6yr old son got an audi teddy bear - he was more than happy.

IMG 1961

First thoughts:

Exhaust note: love it, makes the S3 sound miserable
Power: completely different to the S3, comes in more of a surge
Virtual Cockpit: very good, but will take time to determine what view/setup I feel is appropriate
Audi Connect: a real PITA to get set up etc, but got there eventually
Audi Beam: they do actually look quite smart. They are the 4 rings not the word Quattro.
Extended LED: haven't actually had a chance to play with the colours, so can't comment.

I know you can't compare S3 vs S5, but the S5 just feels a more "grown up" car (or maybe just cause its new??)

I've yet to experience any substantial lag that has been spoken of, it will just take a while to get used to when the power kicks in.

One thing I have yet to work out, is......quite often I would drive the car in Efficient mode, when I turn the engine off and then back on again, the dash shows the word Efficiency, but the gear selection seems to go back to D1/2 etc.
Is there away of keeping the last one set?

thanks

Reactions: THQuattro, dp_motley, daytonamart and 4 others
Grats mate, I have had my S5 for just over a week. I came from an RS3 and the S5 is so much better. The torque is amazing and it really mashes you into your seat all the way into 5th. The tech is crazy!

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Great choice and I'm also based in Belfast so might see you on the road?! I didn't get a free teddy though will have to have a word and at present still waiting On a private reg transfer which has somewhat been a disaster to say the least!

@chanlon1 awesome looking car. I'm sure you got amazing service at Belfast Audi. Enjoy the new car. :)

Said good bye to the S3, and picked up the Ibis White S5 Sportback today from Belfast Audi.

As ever, perfect Customer Service.

View attachment 131097

View attachment 131098

View attachment 131099

Needless to say the photos do not do justice.

In addition to the car, the other half got a nice bunch of flowers:

View attachment 131100

and my 6yr old son got an audi teddy bear - he was more than happy.

View attachment 131101

First thoughts:

Exhaust note: love it, makes the S3 sound miserable
Power: completely different to the S3, comes in more of a surge
Virtual Cockpit: very good, but will take time to determine what view/setup I feel is appropriate
Audi Connect: a real PITA to get set up etc, but got there eventually
Audi Beam: they do actually look quite smart. They are the 4 rings not the word Quattro.
Extended LED: haven't actually had a chance to play with the colours, so can't comment.

I know you can't compare S3 vs S5, but the S5 just feels a more "grown up" car (or maybe just cause its new??)

I've yet to experience any substantial lag that has been spoken of, it will just take a while to get used to when the power kicks in.

One thing I have yet to work out, is......quite often I would drive the car in Efficient mode, when I turn the engine off and then back on again, the dash shows the word Efficiency, but the gear selection seems to go back to D1/2 etc.
Is there away of keeping the last one set?

thanks

Cracking looking car mate, congrats.

everything still good, had its first stop at the petrol station mind you....

anyway, still have the situation as follows:

I drive the car so that it is in Efficiency mode. This is shown on the dash below the gear section, its ays Efficiency in green.
I have the gear selector set to E1/E2/E3 etc.

I stop the car. restart it, and the green Efficiency is still there, but the gear selector says D1.

Is there a way to get it to keep the E1/2/3 etc?

everything still good, had its first stop at the petrol station mind you....

anyway, still have the situation as follows:

I drive the car so that it is in Efficiency mode. This is shown on the dash below the gear section, its ays Efficiency in green.
I have the gear selector set to E1/E2/E3 etc.

I stop the car. restart it, and the green Efficiency is still there, but the gear selector says D1.

Is there a way to get it to keep the E1/2/3 etc?

I've just went out to the car to double check this: I was using Efficiency mode all day, shut down the car in efficiency mode and now that I've tried it and put it in D a minute ago it said: E1
I'm not sure why yours are not doing that, it might be worth asking the dealer, they should have a clue.

A little bit annoying part about Efficiency mode tho is every time I change to that mode it puts my A/C to eco, even if it was off. Strange.

I've just went out to the car to double check this: I was using Efficiency mode all day, shut down the car in efficiency mode and now that I've tried it and put it in D a minute ago it said: E1
I'm not sure why yours are not doing that, it might be worth asking the dealer, they should have a clue.

A little bit annoying part about Efficiency mode tho is every time I change to that mode it puts my A/C to eco, even if it was off. Strange.

Appreciate you checking.
Will give it a couple of days to settle in in case I am doing something wrong!

I have been driving in Efficiency most of the time but I haven't seen E1 in mine.
Also when parking the car today I put into Park, got out and opened the boot and heard the exhausts burbling as engine was still running, no warnings.
How can that happen?

I have been driving in Efficiency most of the time but I haven't seen E1 in mine.
Also when parking the car today I put into Park, got out and opened the boot and heard the exhausts burbling as engine was still running, no warnings.
How can that happen?
Putting the car in Park doesn't turn the ignition off. You still need to press the Start/Stop button.

That's what I thought when I first got the car but recently its been turning the engine off as soon I select Park.
However on this occasion I noticed the Stop/Start was not working as I had to turn off the engine at traffic lights and restart with the button.
So seems it was still in the Stop /Start disabled mode, so need to press the button, as you said.

I've just started using Auto mode again after weeks of Efficiency mode. Its miserable in the eco mode, almost like driving a disel car, doesn't rev above 1200rpm during normal use, no sound, no soul, just kills the whole S part of the 5...

That's not the same Efficiency mode I've been using then ( mine displays D1... not E1...), revs normally and has plenty of revs changes up at 5000 if you use some throttle. Not that much different from Auto around the town.
Must admit I haven't tried S yet.

That's not the same Efficiency mode I've been using then ( mine displays D1... not E1...), revs normally and has plenty of revs changes up at 5000 if you use some throttle. Not that much different from Auto around the town.
Must admit I haven't tried S yet.

On the dash you have what I believe to e the gear selection...D1/2/3, E1/2/3, M1/2/3 etc
Under that you have the word, Efficency, Comfort, Auto etc.

If I select Efficiency drive select mode, then the word Efficiency appears, and E1 appears.
I turn the engine off.
When I turn it on again, the Efficiency is still there, but it now says D1.

To get it to say E1, I physically then have to go into the drive select modes and choose Efficiency.

On the dash you have what I believe to e the gear selection...D1/2/3, E1/2/3, M1/2/3 etc
Under that you have the word, Efficency, Comfort, Auto etc.

If I select Efficiency drive select mode, then the word Efficiency appears, and E1 appears.
I turn the engine off.
When I turn it on again, the Efficiency is still there, but it now says D1.

To get it to say E1, I physically then have to go into the drive select modes and choose Efficiency.
I've not tested it completely yet , but have you tried pulling back on the gear selector when in D in efficiency mode?
When in E I think it cycles between D and E, but it may select S if it starts in D.
I don't bother with efficiency mode, just dynamic and switch between D if normal driving and S if having a blast.

I've not tested it completely yet , but have you tried pulling back on the gear selector when in D in efficiency mode?
When in E I think it cycles between D and E, but it may select S if it starts in D.
I don't bother with efficiency mode, just dynamic and switch between D if normal driving and S if having a blast.

When I pull back, it swaps from D1 to S1.
The only way to engage E1 is to select efficiency from the drive select button on the dashboard.