Collected My Audi A3 Today [now with photos!]

garethpauljones

Reaction score
As of this afternoon I am the proud owner of a new Audi A3 SB S line 2.0 TDI. I've of course been out and about tonight - it drives like a dream and is quieter and more comfortable than my A1 S line 1.6 TDI (which had really firm suspension).

I was going to take some photos but it got too dark by the time I got back from my drive :happy: so I thought I would share something different with you instead - a video of a DVD playing on the MMI screen with the technology pack. The video quality is very good. I can't see myself using the DVD player often but you have to test these things! The audio kicks in after about 20 seconds (I have the standard Audi audio - not that you will be able to tell from a video recorded on my phone!).

Here is a link to the video: Audi A3 2013 - DVD playing on MMI with Technology Pack - YouTube (the flicker on the screen is just from the recording and you can't see it on the screen in the car).

[Edit: 30th May - here are some photos]

Also, I completed 2 30 mile journeys today and averaged 50mpg on one journey and 54mpg on the other - not too bad. That was in efficiency mode and driving at the speed limit - largely motorway and national speed limit A roads.

Audi 1Audi 2Audi 3Audi 4Audi 5

Last edited:
Reactions: First Ever Audi, moonlight, Toadoftoadhall and 2 others
Have you got s line suspension or sport?

before you say it I ask because all new a3 come as standard with sport suspension on sport models and s line unless you specify for the s line suspension.....

i have s line suspension and recently completed a 2500 mile trip round Europe with no problems and found the suspension to be brilliant on all surfaces.

Sean

Have you got s line suspension or sport?

before you say it I ask because all new a3 come as standard with sport suspension on sport models and s line unless you specify for the s line suspension.....

i have s line suspension and recently completed a 2500 mile trip round Europe with no problems and found the suspension to be brilliant on all surfaces.

Sean

It's standard suspension (so sport) which is why I think it is noticeably softer than my A1 S line. I have also found the steering to be incredibly light and easy (which can be firmed up with the dynamic drive mode option). It's been really comfy so far - now just got to wrestle with artwork on the MMI screen like everyone else! :)

I have one picture which I took earlier when I collected the car but it doesn't really show very much! :sm4:

IMG 0262

Hopefully if the weather is nice tomorrow afternoon I'll take some shots.

Reactions: Gweneira
Great photo's your car looks fantastic.
if possible could you take some more of the interior.
I would love to see the extended interior Finnish and leather seats.

Looks nice mate, cheers for the pics nice to see the silk Nappa leather. Should have mine within the next month.

Mark

​Gareth car looks amazing. Im sure you will have a permanent grin for a while. Enjoy. :) x

This is the best I can do at the moment as it's getting dark outside but I hope this gives you an idea of the leather and extended finish. I think the mono pur looks very nice in the car.

Audi 6Audi 7Audi 8Audi 9

Great pics, first Daytona with black roof rails I have seen......that's another one for my A3 S-line Daytona m25/a12 meet and cruise :)

Reactions: markwiggy
Thanks for these photo's, I think you made some good choices.
The seats look really smart, I am so glad I went for the leather.
I wish my budget could of stretched to the extended finish.

Nice colour that, some tints would look nice.

Hi Gareth I really like the spec of your A3 SPB. The mono.pur adds the final finishing touch to the interior. Are the door armrests in the rear also covered or is it restricted to the front only? The brochure suggests the latter. It would be nice to know. Thanks.

Hi Gareth I really like the spec of your A3 SPB. The mono.pur adds the final finishing touch to the interior. Are the door armrests in the rear also covered or is it restricted to the front only? The brochure suggests the latter. It would be nice to know. Thanks.

Hi - the extended finish also applies to the rear. It's on the rear seats, head rests and door inlays. I attach some photos below which don't do it justice!

IMG 0290IMG 0291IMG 0280

Congrats! Mono.pur pack make it look like R8 cabin, love it!

Thanks Gareth for the pics. You must be really pleased, some real comfort and extra wow! at the end of what has been a long wait.It really looks the business.