Collected my new Audi S3 2021 Saloon today!

deanshaw24

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Nothing else to report yet, only driven 3 miles.
Just a few pictures for now. Will post a first drive video soon. The only thing I noticed from the first 3 miles is the gearbox is noticeably better at shifting, seamless like it was torque converter. Steering also gets progressively firmer.

Attachments

• 0757CB48-8331-441A-A78D-C174F531849F.jpeg
    0757CB48-8331-441A-A78D-C174F531849F.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 4,811
  • 43DD9052-3B27-42FB-A063-EA35EF9F7B26.jpeg
    43DD9052-3B27-42FB-A063-EA35EF9F7B26.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 959
Reactions: keenu, SPIKE_, dp_motley and 15 others
looks good.....I always prefered the look of the semi gloss aluminium look door mirror caps.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and TYb
Just a few pictures for now. Will post a first drive video soon. The only thing I noticed from the first 3 miles is the gearbox is noticeably better at shifting, seamless like it was torque converter. Steering also gets progressively firmer.

Nice mate, congrats Love Navarra

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Snake Pliskin
Congrats! As others have said, navarra is a lovely colour

The “old” 7 speed gearbox felt very lazy between changing gears in D mode and gear changes only sharpened up in S mode. Any improvement in low end torque?

Very nice. Also really enjoy your YouTube videos

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Dean, car looks amazing. Enjoy. :)

Reactions: Jcbmally and Audi Bairn

Nice!

When you said it is noticeably better at shifting, what's your reference car?

More pictures please!

Love the new S3 saloon, currently deciding between this and the CLA35. Test drove the CLA just waiting to get out in the S3!

Would be great to see some driving videos exhaust sound etc.

very very nice
That wasnt too slow from ordering to delivery to be fair
how long was your actual wait?????

Reactions: deanshaw24
Great looking car mate. Will look forward to the pics and also YT video's:thumbs up:

Reactions: Jcbmally and deanshaw24
Nice!

When you said it is noticeably better at shifting, what's your reference car?

More pictures please!
Reference car is the old S3. Although it has been a few years since I last drove one. The gear shift even in drive just felt flawless. No let up in power it felt.

Front end looks a bit "busy" and lights massive! Be good to hear what the OP thinks now owning one.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Snake Pliskin and deanshaw24
Thanks guys, will hopefully get a few miles under her belt over the weekend.

Reactions: pburv
very very nice
That wasnt too slow from ordering to delivery to be fair
how long was your actual wait?????
I ended up taking a launch car. As the one I ordered (ordered day after order books opened) still hasn’t been built yet. Order books opened 14th August I think. So around 7 weeks.

Congrats great colour Navarra blue and looking forward to hearing your thoughts on youtube .

Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin
Navarra & Alu pack looked great on the 8v facelift & must say looks great again on the 8y ... nice choice & look forward to your further thoughts on the car :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Audi Bairn, pburv and 1 other person
Front end looks a bit "busy" and lights massive! Be good to hear what the OP thinks now owning one.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
I quite like them to be fair. Bet they look the 'dogs danglies' at night.:salute:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I quite like them to be fair. Bet they look the 'dogs danglies' at night.:salute:

Audi always lead the field on light design.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Congrats! As others have said, navarra is a lovely colour

The “old” 7 speed gearbox felt very lazy between changing gears in D mode and gear changes only sharpened up in S mode. Any improvement in low end torque?

l doubt it very much that Audi has given the 8y an all new gearbox when it still has the same engine as the 8v mate....no doubt its been tweaked a little nowt else

Reactions: TYb and pburv

Ye like a wee dancing light do ya.....lol but l am sure to get the dancing lights you need to choose the Matrix option,the matrix lights on the 8v do a little jig ie the dipped beam....plus the 3 matrix clusters.... swing left to right....but the cascading turn signals stay put....the 8y matrix lights now use a matrix 2 cluster module.....which dont jig they just leave the jigging up to the DRLS

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and pburv
Ye like a wee dancing light do ya.....lol but l am sure to get the dancing lights you need to choose the Matrix option,the matrix lights on the 8v do a little jig ie the dipped beam....plus the 3 matrix clusters.... swing left to right....but the cascading turn signals stay put....the 8y matrix lights now use a matrix 2 cluster module.....which dont jig they just leave the jigging up to the DRLS
It's like reading from a script of Saturday Night Fever. lol
'Ze Germanz ' Know how to do them lights.:yes:

Reactions: Ron240, AdamInKent, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Still prefer the style of the rear tailights on the 8v saloon mate
Awww! c'mon ! You know you want one.. lol
The new Leon lights...Now they are nice.

Reactions: 8YARWY and TYb
Wouldnt buy another hatchback ever again mate
Fair enough.... Given the choice to get back in the fold It would be a saloon for me also...They just look better:rock:
No offence to anyone who thinks otherwise lol:happy:

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and Jassyo06
It's like reading from a script of Saturday Night Fever. lol
'Ze Germanz ' Know how to do them lights.:yes:

The lights dancing are to hypnotise you into buying one :sly::sly::sly:

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Nice car fella..

Reactions: deanshaw24 and pburv
The lights dancing are to hypnotise you into buying one :sly::sly::sly:
I hear Kenny Craig was the technical adviser to Audi's lighting department.:whistle2:
HBNhhMk_d.webp

Reactions: Jcbmally, Ron240 and Jassyo06
Love the new S3 saloon, currently deciding between this and the CLA35. Test drove the CLA just waiting to get out in the S3!
Not wanting to steer the conversation away from the OPs lovely new S3, but for me with a choice of those 2 it would be a very easy decision, CLA 35 all the way - identical performance wrapped up in a much more stylish body. :sunglasses:
The £475 annual VED for both is a downside though. :(

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and pburv
Not wanting to steer the conversation away from the OPs lovely new S3, but for me with a choice of those 2 it would be a very easy decision, CLA 35 all the way - identical performance wrapped up in a much more stylish body. :sunglasses:

The 35 engine as much as people say it doesn’t sound great (nothing really does after the introduction of the OPF) is a lot more alive and “easier” to drive. Doesn’t need to be pushed and has that low end torque which the 8V S3 was missing, cant say about the new one as i havent driven one

Ron....Ron....Ron.....Tut....Tut.....lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally, Ron240 and 1 other person
Fair enough.... Given the choice to get back in the fold It would be a saloon for me also...They just look better:rock:
No offence to anyone who thinks otherwise lol:happy:

Apologise....WTF....for being right....WOOSE.....

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and pburv
Reactions: Sparks43, Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and 1 other person
PMSL! Spreading the 'Love' ...........Better than spreading Covid I suppose?....cough! cough!:whistle2:
You cough Again in yer next post You'll need te get TESTED.....lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally, pburv and 1 other person