Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance

moorzy

Reaction score
Hurrah.

After much faffing around with royal mail, i have in my possession one tin of collinite 915.

Opened tin to have a gander and flipping heck this stuff feels rich! I dabbed about an atom if it on my finger and my whole arm is waterproofed!!!!

Looking foward to dressing the motor in this and seeing if is as good as feels. I'll report findings when i get chance to use.....

Hurrah.

After much faffing around with royal mail, i have in my possession one tin of collinite 915.

Opened tin to have a gander and flipping heck this stuff feels rich! I dabbed about an atom if it on my finger and my whole arm is waterproofed!!!!

Looking foward to dressing the motor in this and seeing if is as good as feels. I'll report findings when i get chance to use.....
Only just noticed..... It's "marque d'elegance' not excellence :D muppet :)

Title changed for you @moorzy :thumbs up:

Look foreword to your thoughts when you've used it (on a car lol)

Excellent winter wax, great durability

Gorgeous sunny weather this weekend so was determined to use the collinite 915 i got last month.

Washed the truck on saturday afternoon with g3 body prep shampoo, I'm proper into this stuff at mo, really does clean well. On sunday i quickly, and carefully, gave the bodywork a wipe to shift any bits that might have deposited themselves then got myself a few microfibre cloths out and the tin of collinite 915.

I read tin and it stated use a damp cloth to apply and bodywork should be lukewarm to touch. Obviously i know better so used a dry cloth to apply and bodywork was not very warm as its valentines day (once again Mrs moorzy was being spoiled, i know that even though she calls me a saddo etc.. for constantly cleaning the jamjar, inside she must be chuffed at getting ferried around in a gleaming motor!!!!).

So i just cracked on, opened tin and and hit the offside of the car first. First thing you notice is that this is a no nonsense bit of kit and there is none of your fancy smelling like your first proper birds' perfume or a 1/4 lb bag of pear drops. It smells like.... Well, like wax i reckon!

Went on easily and i did an area approx 1/4 of front wing panel. Stepped back and did look very nice gotta say, smooth and wet look was in evidence. I carried on and as approached rear of vehicle i started applying to a larger area before buffing. Mistakes are to be learnt by. This is an unforgiving wax and it does state don't let dry and i ignored. One nil to the wax. It took a bit of effort to work the dried area and i was muttering and cursing to myself but as i said, lessons to be learned.

I carried on round the car applying thinly in smaller areas again and finished up about 1.5 hours after starting.

Paintwork looks really nice with the 915 applied and im sure, based on reviews elswhere and the feel, that it'll more than handle itself as the inevitable rain returns in North Manc.

Am impressed with the wax.
Very easy to apply, although might try to follow instructions and use a damp applicator next time.
Easy to buff to a really great shine if done before dried. Not so if dried, do not let this dry folks.

The smile on wifes face at the lovely wet look of the car as i drove her to the chippy for valentines chips/curry/peas made this a real result.

Happy valentines chaps.

:wub::wub::wub:

Reactions: batch, Bristle Hound and scotty76
PMSL @moorzy you old romantic. Car looks good too. Is it comfy to sleep in when you get chucked out? :D

Reactions: moorzy
I made the big mistake of letting this stuff dry before buffing. That was a very painful day. Always read the instructions Nick !!! lol