Colour choice.

erisaman

Reaction score
No, not the obvious query, after all, choice of colour is subjective and fave colours vary with us all. I'm the first to say that I like dark colours and the Phantom Black, when clean and polished, is superb - and I'm speaking as an owner.

However, for various reasons, I can't committ to the cleaning and polishing regime I've followed in the past and now, whilst considering changing to the 2009 A3 S-line, I'm considering Ice Silver - a colour which does not show the dirt quite as much as the darker colours.

My concern is that so many Silver cars seem to have a sheen rather than a shine - the deep gloss seen on those Blacks and Greys is not so obvious.

Any opinions? Does the gloss disappear?

what about red

3335156479_fdff6f196c_b.jpg

To me silver never seems to look any different whether its been just washed or had the full treatment of being washed, polished and waxed. Thats the beauty of darker less boring colours I guess!

What about Monza Silver? Its looks nice but being fairly light probably wont show up the dirt like a darker colour would...

I have a Monza Silver Sportback and love the colour, it tends to change in different light conditions and looks great when polished!!

Can you still get Akoya in 09? I love mine, its not so silver its boring and it hides the dirt very well, in fact best car i've had, still suprises me now how much comes off it when its washed. Avus Silver on the older TT's is also very nice but not sure whether thats available on the A3

Best Audi colour combo ever IMO, Avus Silver/red leather

avussilver-redalms.jpg

Like you say the colour is subjective, but I love the Misano red. It looks stunning in the sunshine but does need to be kept fairly clean to keeps its looks

To me silver never seems to look any different whether its been just washed or had the full treatment of being washed, polished and waxed. Thats the beauty of darker less boring colours I guess!

What about Monza Silver? Its looks nice but being fairly light probably wont show up the dirt like a darker colour would...

I guess you've just about summed it up re the Silver - it's boring! I'll check out that Monza Silver when in the Audi dealership next time - interestingly, in the brochure I have to hand at the moment, Monza is only available for the S-Line - does that apply to the Sportback range as well? (Am thinking of Dragon's Sportback here).

If it wasn't for this problem I have - I'd love to try the Deep Sea Blue, that looks a stunning colour, but, as always with Blue, I'll need to keep 'on top of it'.

Thanks for all your replies - I'll check out that Monza as soon as possible - off to Spain tomorrow and I've already found the nearerst Audi dealership to have somewhere to browse :yum:.

Silver is for the person who can't make thier mind up,in the end they go for the silver as it is the safe bet. Next time you are in a traffic jam count the silver cars, bet it's a very high percentage.
Misano as previously stated is a great colour and always looks good on the A3 and not so bad to keep clean.

Mark

Can you still get Akoya in 09? I love mine, its not so silver its boring and it hides the dirt very well, in fact best car i've had, still suprises me now how much comes off it when its washed. Avus Silver on the older TT's is also very nice but not sure whether thats available on the A3

Best Audi colour combo ever IMO, Avus Silver/red leather

avussilver-redalms.jpg

Monza Silver has replaced Avus Silver.

I was looking at an Avus Silver 8L S3 about 3 years ago, pretty rare colour on an S3. Looked really special.

I guess you've just about summed it up re the Silver - it's boring! I'll check out that Monza Silver when in the Audi dealership next time - interestingly, in the brochure I have to hand at the moment, Monza is only available for the S-Line - does that apply to the Sportback range as well? (Am thinking of Dragon's Sportback here).

If it wasn't for this problem I have - I'd love to try the Deep Sea Blue, that looks a stunning colour, but, as always with Blue, I'll need to keep 'on top of it'.

Thanks for all your replies - I'll check out that Monza as soon as possible - off to Spain tomorrow and I've already found the nearerst Audi dealership to have somewhere to browse :yum:.

Yes Monza is only available on an S-line, that applies to the Sportback aswell.

Here's a Monza Silver S-line Black Edition http://usedcars.audi.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=600614965

That looks different from mine as it has the Black Edition grill. Will post pics ASAP Blazin!!!