Colour code-ing factory skirts.

turbodan

Reaction score
Website
www.daniel-wilkinson.com
Bought a bodykit the other day online, but its arrived and its basically not what i was after so im going to cut my losses and sell it on ebay.

Anyways, i went to the sprayers yesterday to see about colour codeing, they told me it wouldnt really be a problem spraying the front and rear bumpers, but the audi factory sideskirts were actually rubber, and so wouldnt be able to be sprayed? is this true? because ive seen quite a few colour coded audi's.

Has anyone had the colour codeing done before & how was it done?

Cheers

From what has been posted before the skirts require hardening before spraying and it can be done. Only thing is I don't know if a bodyshop will do it as it may crack.

It can be done Silver75 Has had his done to good effect, Why don’t you try the skirts you bought with at kit and keep the Audi bumpers? Just a thought….

Jason

Ive had mine done (check the A3 pics thread) best mod I did IMO. The lower front and rear bumper needs to be treated 1st (the guy in the bodyshop called it plasicising not sure if thats a real word:confused:)

Make sure you do the sides as well.

garrett I think he removed them and treated them some how as they are very stiff (as I have found out by opening the door onto high kerbs :()

Turbodan I had them done when I had a few bumper scrapes sorted out so I couldnt tell you how much. What i find with bodyshops though is if you get a few things sorted at once it allways works out cheaper than if you go and ask for a specific job.

Yeah, ive got quite a few scrapes to get taken care off quite a large one on front bumper and on rear bumper, to be honest the rear bumper could do with a full respray!

Ive got around £500 sat in the bank, you reckon that would be enough?!