Colour Query - Newbie Question

Profmyster

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm new to the [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Audi[/FONT][/FONT] world, Hi everyone,

Just looking for an Audi A4 Avant and I've come across a nice one, but the log book etc states the car as grey (just grey, not dolphin, lava etc) but it actually looks like a metallic black.

Obviously this leaves me a bit unsure, The exact model is 2007 Avant 2.oT FSI [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Special [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]Edition[/FONT][/FONT] - do Audi do Metallic Black, is there a flat 'grey' model?

Any advice would be welcome as I find my feet in the Audi world.

Cheers

Audi do a variety of colour choices. Including grey and metallic black etc

If the colour was writing in by hand don't expect to see stuff like "sprint blue or dolphin grey etc" dealers wont bother with that.

If your main concern is if the car has been resprayed. If you look inside the service book or car manual you will notice a A5 size printed label on the inside of either book just cant remember which one has it. In there it will tell you the paint code.

If you don't have luck with that your next best bet would be to get the owner or yourself to look inside the spare wheel foot well and on the right side will be the label I am referring to and on that will definitely have the paint code. Once you have that code you can then google the colour code and that will confirm the colour of the vehicle from the factory.

The one closest to a traditional grey would be Dolphin grey, Lava grey depending on lighting etc can seem close to black.

Dolphin,

Lava,

This is Lava Grey Pearl, like ajax1976 said it deffo changes colour under different lighting conditions, this is inside under fluorescent light and is a lot more grey than outside where you could pass it off as metallic black, it's also down as Grey on the logbook.