Colours catching on with limited edition S3's

I see a different paint color, color matched stitched seats, and colored inserts on the panels of the interiors.

And now I am trying to figure out why they priced these at $60K, which is about $8K more than a fully loaded Prestige edition including the Super Sport Seats option. (I built a fully loaded Prestige model for less than $52K on the online configurator)

So... what cost that much?
Certainly the paint color change is not very expensive for Audi.
Certainly the alternative thread color for the leather stitching (versus silver) is not a great expense by any stretch of the imagine. (actually probably no extra expense at all)
Certainly the colorful gloss interior panels bars are not much more than aluminum or gloss black.

I see VERY little extra manufacturing expense for Audi to produce these exclusive models.

They are selling exclusivity and rarity. And they are really trying to milk it.

Reactions: Simon L
I test drove a Solar Orange S3, great colour and if my budget had stretched that far I would have specced it.

I see a different paint color, color matched stitched seats, and colored inserts on the panels of the interiors.
The paint costs £1700,some of them have exclusive leather panels steering wheels that could push the price right up,it's very easy to spec a S3 saloon about £47000 in the UK

And now I am trying to figure out why they priced these at $60K, which is about $8K more than a fully loaded Prestige edition including the Super Sport Seats option. (I built a fully loaded Prestige model for less than $52K on the online configurator)

Certainly the alternative thread color for the leather stitching (versus silver) is not a great expense by any stretch of the imagine. (actually probably no extra expense at all)
Certainly the colorful gloss interior panels bars are not much more than aluminum or gloss black.

I see VERY little extra manufacturing expense for Audi to produce these exclusive models.

Sepang Blue is one of the colours! All I paid was £550 on my order. #TeamSepang

Reactions: Forbzeeee
Gotta say I do like the Glut Orange but don't think I could live with it everyday.

The price tag is a complete joke though!!

nice cars , but at $60,000 US - with what cars cost over there - I would be looking at my alternatives.
Then again with what we pay for ours cars here $60K US is a bargain.

Agreed little cost to Audi but people will pay it and these will get snapped up very quickly.

Sprint Blue..? Riviera Blue perhaps to match the other flat paint colours..? and only $60,000..................bargain compared to the UK
Saw a riviera blue rs4 yesterday and it just screamed 'steal me'. Such a shame as it's an incredible colour.