Coming home, leaving home (exterior lighting settings)

This would suggest that your car does not have Auto Lights and Wipers. Does your light switch have an AUTO position? If not then for sure you don't have them.

No, it doesnt.

Easiest/cheapest way to activate?

CH/LH Lights can be set to the following via VCDS:
  • DLR Only
  • Fog Lights Only
  • DLR and For Light together.
They can also be set to activate on either removing the key from the ignition or when the drivers door is opened. Operating time can also be changed, for up to 1min 30secs.

DLR can be configured to function / come on differently from the way in which the Auto lights work. The "lx" settings need to be changed, something which I have not had to the time play with as yet. This is how I have mine setup currently and in order for them to work the light switch must remain in Auto. As a side not, for auto wipers to work you need the light switch in auto and the wiper stalk in first position also.

(1)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Verbaustatus automatic

(2)-Comfort illumination-Menuesteuerung Coming Home Werkseinstellung active

(3)-Comfort illumination-Menueeinstellung Cominghome 20 s

(4)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten Low beam

(5)-Comfort illumination-Coming-home Einschaltereignis Driver door

(6)-Comfort illumination-Helligkeitsschwelle Infrarot-Messung 12 lx

(7)-Comfort illumination-Leaving-Home Verbausstatus Enabled

(8)-Comfort illumination-Menuesteuerung Leaving-home Freischaltung per BAP active

(9)-Comfort illumination-Menueeinstellung Leaving-home Zeit per BAP 60 s

(10)-Comfort illumination-Helligkeitsschwelle Forward-Messung 6400 lx

If you do not have the Exterior Lighting MMI menu:

Control Module 09 - Cent. Elec.
Security Access Code = 31347
Adaptation - 10
Channel = (2) - Tagfahrlicht-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung lurch BAP Oder Bedienfolge Moeglish
New Value = Active

Would this work with LED headlights? I am used to VCDS coding but the New A3 seems to have more technical levels and so how do i find the script to amend?

No, it doesnt.

Easiest/cheapest way to activate?
You would need to retrofit a Rain Light and Humidity Sensor and a new Auto Light Switch. Once installed auto lights and wipers would then need coding and adapting. Drop me a PM if you would like a quote :)

Would this work with LED headlights? I am used to VCDS coding but the New A3 seems to have more technical levels and so how do i find the script to amend?
Possible but facelift A3's are a bit different coding wise. Not had the time to document anything as yet.

Well the quoted coding / adaptations are for PFL cars, xenon and led.

What is it that you actually want to do?

Am wanting to have CH/LH on regardless of the light outside :)

Am wanting to have CH/LH on regardless of the light outside :)
Then you will need to play with the following adaptation channels which control the ambient light thresholds:
  • Comfort illumination-Helligkeitsschwelle Infrarot-Messung (Brightness threshold infrared measurement)
  • Comfort illumination-Helligkeitsschwelle Forward-Messung (Brightness threshold Forward Measurement)

Reactions: MikeSel^
Then you will need to play with the following adaptation channels which control the ambient light thresholds:
  • Comfort illumination-Helligkeitsschwelle Infrarot-Messung (Brightness threshold infrared measurement)
  • Comfort illumination-Helligkeitsschwelle Forward-Messung (Brightness threshold Forward Measurement)

Will that affect the auto light function?

On my 8J TT the DRL and headlights would come on when the car was locked or unlocked regardless of the daylight

Will that affect the auto light function?

On my 8J TT the DRL and headlights would come on when the car was locked or unlocked regardless of the daylight
"Comfort illumination" only.

The TT 8J is a very different car, less programable and works differently to the A3 8V.

Reactions: chazd
"Comfort illumination" only.

The TT 8J is a very different car, less programable and works differently to the A3 8V.
I will have a tinker and see what I can do.

Id like to do the same to my S5 and SQ5 too!

Hi,

I'm looking for activate the Coming/leaving home daytime running mods (front and rear lights) when unlocking the car and only DRL lights on my A3 FL

For the moment, C/L HOME works only at night and i've the low beam and DRL light.

On my previous 8V pre FL (with xenons and not LED), i get the DRL C/L HOME in day when i unlock the car.

On the web i haven't seen this codes yet, but on youtube someone succeed > http://vinceheyy.com/2017/06/06/aud...es-feux-arriere-au-deverrouillage-en-journee/

Or like the new G7 FL >

Bringing up an oldish thread, my girlfriend is due to pick up an Audi A3 saloon 2014 plate 8V today and it doesnt have autolights or wipers. From what ive read it needs a sensor and the headlight switch fitting and coding. Will it need a new windscreen or additional loom for auto lights? Then does it require a new wiper stalk for the wipers?

Thanks!

Bringing up an oldish thread, my girlfriend is due to pick up an Audi A3 saloon 2014 plate 8V today and it doesnt have autolights or wipers. From what ive read it needs a sensor and the headlight switch fitting and coding. Will it need a new windscreen or additional loom for auto lights? Then does it require a new wiper stalk for the wipers?

Thanks!
Hi mate, just fitted these myself. If you have digital climate control, you just need a new switch and sensor. And a couple of bits of coding, really simple job

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi mate, just fitted these myself. If you have digital climate control, you just need a new switch and sensor. And a couple of bits of coding, really simple job

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Im pretty sure its got digital climate control, shes not even home from dealers yet and im planning mods!

So the light switch in the car looks like this:
73480424 CFE8 4D95 9993 CDCB5A1139E8

Can i replace it with this one:
CDA1BBE1 0FB5 43C1 B167 4ADB31506C80

Or does it have to match completely?

It has bi xenons, just scanned it with vcds and noticed it had no interior light pack either like the footwell lights! Its an odd car, got some nice expensive options on it then not bothered with the cheap stuff!

Hi DJAlix,

What settings would you suggest for the above?

Thanks!

Hi DJAlix,

What settings would you suggest for the above?

Thanks!
You would need to test in order to see what works for you to be honest. Been a long time since I have looked at these settings.

Reactions: Jason U