Coming home lights-2009 Facelift S3 with DRL's & NO Auto lights

keendean

Reaction score
Well, I followed the coding within the FAQ, but can only assume this is for a pre facelift?

When the DRL's were on, the Xenons were on at the same time, put the coding back, all back to as was.
Do I need the repair wire?

Has only got the coming home lights working with DRL's?

Are you also able to have the sidelights as DRL's not reduced in brightness? Answer below I think to this question
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-drls-vcds-mod-3-dr-facelift-a3-s3s-only.html

We also , changed the coding within the convenience menu, we enabled sunroof/windows by remote, but it does not work?

Coding on my previous Golf was easy, and it worked.

I also wanted the rear lights on with the DRL's, I'm guessing this is possible?

Is there a definitive guide to coding?

Last edited:
Bump.. would the repair wire be needed for a 2011 car?? or just activation in vagcom?

My 09/58 did this, there's 2 options for each coming home/ welcome lights, if you enable all then the xenons were always on with drl, unticked 1 of them for each and it works properly now
There is also an option to either set drls as UK spec with no rear lights or like Netherlands spec I think it was which has tail lights on too

My S3 has auto lights with DRL's/Xenons lights, So is it just a case on changing some settings with Vagcom or do I need to run extra wire/s..?