community DSG mapping info thread...

grainqey

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Decided to post a separate thread for info regarding the above topic rather than clutter my dq500 dsg gearbox swap thread!

I'll post a follow up when I'm back on the laptop

Thanks
Alex

I've read through so many pages and documents but I'm still no clearer on what'all actually work. I'll post some links later and see what you think.

I've read through so many pages and documents but I'm still no clearer on what'all actually work. I'll post some links later and see what you think.

Cool!

Off the top of my head theres:
Kess V2 - wont do DQ500 if I understand correctly but should be able to R+W DQ250 over OBD
Byteshooter
Magicmotorsport tool
X17

Thanks
Alex

Have you looked at Frieling-group.com tools? Works with winolis and it sounds like can read and write over ODB (unless i'm mistaken?)

Here is a video of my car TVS did when they were done with it. Listen to the gear changes, no slur, it's perfect. So much better than any of my other engine or DSG tunes.

Reactions: grainqey
That looks to be a really good map "factory+" if you like haha!

The problem is that most people in the UK for example, except for the few seemingly it seems don't know the difference between "a DSG map" and "a DSG map" and think that they are all equal which is simply not true! Out of interest, how does it shift at part throttle under light loads in manual mode?

As an example there seems to be a lot of statements about increased clamping pressure... the Mechatronics increases the clamping pressure on demand anyway so are they saying they scale the values so increase the specified by 1.2 for example or are they saying they increase the limit that the software will allow it to go?

Thanks
Alex

P.S nice S3 :p

Reactions: DeckedS3
Like butter.... it only applies the required pressure wherever in the rev range. I'm super impressed.
That sounds good then! It sounds like they change the shift patterns etc too then - I got told GIAC can do a full custom gearbox map but it was expensive and I'm not sure that it would be anything like the level that the TVS is unfortunately for them!

Like butter.... it only applies the required pressure wherever in the rev range. I'm super impressed.

I'm massively impressed at the way in which Storm and in particular Andy have integrated the DQ500 into my car,and the way it drives.

7th gear is super long at around 35mph/1000rpm,but the car will still run from 1200 rpm in 7th.
There's virtually no notchiness although he said he'd set 1st gear engagement to be fairly quick,to avoid the engine bogging down,and all the other modes and settings are quite amazing compared to what I was used to.

A huge vote for a DQ500 if anyone is considering doing this sort of thing....

I'm massively impressed at the way in which Storm and in particular Andy have integrated the DQ500 into my car,and the way it drives.

7th gear is super long at around 35mph/1000rpm,but the car will still run from 1200 rpm in 7th.
There's virtually no notchiness although he said he'd set 1st gear engagement to be fairly quick,to avoid the engine bogging down,and all the other modes and settings are quite amazing compared to what I was used to.

A huge vote for a DQ500 if anyone is considering doing this sort of thing....
I've noticed it likes to stay in 2nd gear until almost a complete stop on mine and short shifts first even in sport mode! but mines a standard map

Glad you're pleased with yours Alex

I've noticed it likes to stay in 2nd gear until almost a complete stop on mine and short shifts first even in sport mode! but mines a standard map

Glad you're pleased with yours Alex

Here's the thing....Andy wasn't willing to risk my Mechatronics vs overwriting it completely,and maybe bricking it,so much of it is standard,and the rest of it done via the Syvecs.

This doesn't short shift in Sports mode.....he's set the rpm and torque limits differently for D,S,and Manual modes.

D gives me 6300rpm and lowered torque.
S is 6800rpm
M is 7300rpm and full torque.

Here's the thing....Andy wasn't willing to risk my Mechatronics vs overwriting it completely,and maybe bricking it,so much of it is standard,and the rest of it done via the Syvecs.

This doesn't short shift in Sports mode.....he's set the rpm and torque limits differently for D,S,and Manual modes.

D gives me 6300rpm and lowered torque.
S is 6800rpm
M is 7300rpm and full torque.
I've got a spare mechatronics lol?

I'm intrigued ... does the syvecs over-rule the shift patterns etc in the mechatronics and simply give the valve block commands and use the factory programming for it to perform as required to achieve?

In other news though, I've bought an AWD rear subframe - it was cheap, I couldn't say no haha!

I've got a spare mechatronics lol?

I'm intrigued ... does the syvecs over-rule the shift patterns etc in the mechatronics and simply give the valve block commands and use the factory programming for it to perform as required to achieve?

In other news though, I've bought an AWD rear subframe - it was cheap, I couldn't say no haha!

It must be able to do some of that.
Just not sure what.....Andy has enough degree level stuff behind him to make it sound easy enough.

I'm just impressed!

Car is back in today for some mapping and a few other bits.....

1st gear starts were very notch,with the clutches dropping torque from moving off.
Andy's dialling the clamping pressures up a bit in 1st to get the thing to bite a bit harder and get rid of that.

Other than that it's been dealing with 540lbs easily.

Mine can set off with a slight jerk (I think it's if you let off the brake pedal quite quickly (it grabs the clutch to stop it rolling back or something to that effect)

If I release the brake pedal more slowly it picks the clutch up smoothly although having thought to myself, the clutch disengages further if you press the brake down further so starts to pick the clutch up even with the brake pedal slightly pressed - you can balance it on an incline between crawling up and rolling back by slightly pressing the brake so holds it on the clutch but common sense would dictate it makes more sense to move the shifter to neutral or press the brake firmly

Reactions: S3Alex