Company Car question

bobinder

Reaction score
Do Audi treat you with the same fanfare and sheet unveiling of the car if you purchase the car as a company car, or is this just for private customers?

:)

I've got mine as a company car and I had absolutely nothing to do with the dealer.

My lease company organised for a driver to deliver it from my dealer and that was that.

No fanfare.

Reactions: bobinder
I also got over £300 of freebies as a private buyer which I am sure a Co Car buyer would not.

Reactions: bobinder
They give it a special limited edition prep.

A random coat hanging up in the back, a box of assorted crap that you would never use in the boot, several out of date car park tickets along the front of the dash, an umbrella that you will never use on the parcel shelf, chocolate stains on the seat, various brochures in the glove box and sandwich crumbs scattered around the interior.

There is also the optional fag ash stuck all along the driver side but I think you have to request that. :laugh:

Reactions: driver_tim, bobinder, 5pot and 2 others
They give it a special limited edition prep.

A random coat hanging up in the back, a box of assorted crap that you would never use in the boot, several out of date car park tickets along the front of the dash, an umbrella that you will never use on the parcel shelf, chocolate stains on the seat, various brochures in the glove box and sandwich crumbs scattered around the interior.

There is also the optional fag ash stuck all along the driver side but I think you have to request that. :laugh:

Sounds like a treat.

Got mine handed over in a supermarket carpark, as the delivery driver couldn't find my office.
Then had to drive him to the station so he could get the train back to base.

I had the fanfare for a company car as picked it up from the dealer, expecting the same in a few weeks

.............................. he said waiting patiently...

I got £3500 discount and an umbrella, bottle of champagne and an S3 keyring... no blankets or faff!

I'm not a company car owner but I probably had a similar experience. My car was parked outside the showroom and got dolloped on by seagulls a couple of times, although they did clean it off...

Last edited:
Mine is leased from Alphabet. Was delivered to my house on a low loader then every detail of the car was explained to me. Superb service.

SimonIG10:2131386 said:
Mine is leased from Alphabet. Was delivered to my house on a low loader then every detail of the car was explained to me. Superb service.

Lucky you. Mine was driven 76miles from Wolverhampton. Averaged 39.9mpg as well so he enjoyed himself!

Normally the lease company will source the car through whatever dealer they use and deliver it to you directly. If you source the car through your local dealer using Audi leasing then I presume it'll be handed over just like any other new car but frankly you'd be bonkers to do so as their prices are far higher than elsewhere. They quoted 50% more than the cheapest quote I had last time!

My company car was delivered on a low loader, to my home. Driver was helpful and friendly and did his best to explain everything but didn't know much about the tech (gave me wrong leads for iPod so had to drive to local dealer and swap them). No freebies or any fanfare. I did ask if I could collect from my local dealer and was told no. Got the impression leasing cars are supplied through a different distribution channel, separate from retail customers.

When I've had company cars before I've requested to pick them up from the supplying dealer wherever they happen to be. I'm not having some hairy-ar*ed delivery driver twisting the nuts off it on the drive over to my house/work etc.

When doing this I've always had the "drive out the showroom" full-on fanfare.

Mine is an Alphabet car, too.

It was delivered in an enclosed trailer so the unveiling was the opening of the doors!
Car was spotless!

Great service from the guy who also ran through the car details with me.