Connect Data usage

cemerson

Reaction score
I've noticed that the data usage on my FL car is WAY higher than on my PFL car. It's insane. I'm going to have to remove my SIM card and use the built in SIM because it's using so much, and do without the wifi hotspot.

Anyone else had this issue? I can't understand why it's using so much more data (10x at least).

I've noticed that the data usage on my FL car is WAY higher than on my PFL car. It's insane. I'm going to have to remove my SIM card and use the built in SIM because it's using so much, and do without the wifi hotspot.

Anyone else had this issue? I can't understand why it's using so much more data (10x at least).
The cars "data meter" registers the total amount used so will be showing:

Connect Services + Google Maps + Hotspot usage = amount used

I added my own sim in order to activate the hotspot for use with a rear seat iPad install for my daughter, added my iPhones also but ended up removing them as they were using 90% of the data.

Yep, I had the same setup in my old car, with wifi hotspot, google earth on and connect services, and it didn't use anything like this much data.

I don't use the hotspot but similar stuff been noticed in the Q7 forums - think it's google maps which is sucking the data

I had that on my old car too though so doesn't make sense

I had that on my old car too though so doesn't make sense

Completely agree with you as it's on wife's car and data usage is small but for some reason some of the newer cars are sucking data and I can only put it down to google maps usuage